Crocheter ADD/Shinny Object Syndrome ~ CAL......

teakaycee

Yep... you read the title correctly!

This is a thread special made for some of us crocheters that suffer from Crochet ADD or also known as "Shinny Object Syndrome"

This CAL may just be perfect for some of you that seem to fall of track of a current project....... get bored and start something new.... or just cant seem to help starting new projects all the time even though you have several unfinished ones.

Right now ... we're going to try and focus on the

Sweetheart Ripple Afghan in the February 2009 Crochet World magazine.

Can we do it? Can we cheer each other on long enough to finish this afghan before we pick a new project to start?

:cheer Lets give it a try... shall we? :cheer

* as a new friend/fellow 'ville member said ealier........

How many crocheters with ADD does it take to screw in a light bulb? Who wants to go bike riding?* :rofl

So grab your hook:hook... get your yarn:yarn... and lets make coffee:mug :think

:heart

:mug

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm so Excited!!!:clap I have to admit that already I dropped my 'ghan to work on a hat. lol! I know I know...must make ripples!:crocheting

:rofl............ me too.... excited and dropped my current afghan to make a beanie. OMY.... LOL

Good thing this beanie will only take 20-30min to make.

Now I havent started the Sweetheart Ripple yet. I'm just working on a regular ripple.

But.................... I do plan on starting the Sweetheart Ripple tonight or tomorrow. I just need to get a wedding gift I'm making Done for this weekend.

I cant wait to start this afghan... its going to be so much fun.

okay... need more :mug

I've already frogged mine back 3 or 4 times to a sad little chain, its my process. I've scaled down the size for a baby blanket (multiples of 13). I'm seriously considering just using the hearts as an edging around the entire thing instead of the back side being all hearts. I'm in love with this pattern and it is very well written!

ADOS attention deficit....oh shiny!!

It must be a somewhat related issue. Shiny sparklie yarn!!!

Ripple huh? Ok I'm game for this. Finding that mag and pattern.

What is the pattern repeat? I won't do it in simply soft and may want to make my starting chain just a bit shorter, more baby size?

What is the pattern repeat? I won't do it in simply soft and may want to make my starting chain just a bit shorter, more baby size?

I got mine from http://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=82779

It is done in multiples of 13. I'm making mine baby size. :)

I've already frogged mine back 3 or 4 times to a sad little chain, its my process. I've scaled down the size for a baby blanket (multiples of 13). I'm seriously considering just using the hearts as an edging around the entire thing instead of the back side being all hearts. I'm in love with this pattern and it is very well written!

Oh.... a baby size blanket would be good. Might be able to stay on track with that.

I plan on starting this evening! I have a varigated yarn in my stash that I want to use and I think I'll either use white or cream with it. Hmmmm not sure how much of that I have? :think Maybe a Hobby Lobby trip after work perhaps? :lol

Oooooh... Hobby Lobby trip! YES! :D

Hehee............ this going to be fun.

oh... what is the repeat on this... I'll have to go see.

GypsumStitch said something about multiples of 13.

Oh dear... I never did get my Ripple done. My future DIL hates homemade stuff and especially crochet and she was to be the recipient. I am in the middle of the charity blast so I will see if I can't start this next Wed.

I'm sure I have some yarn somewhere :faint (Ok, I've got more yarn than my Walmart)

:sun.......... Gooooooooooooooood Morning ladies!

how is every little thing in your part of the world?

Things are busy here.. nothing new there! Internet was acting dumb this morning so couldnt get on here till now. All is good though... got some serious crocheting done. :hook

Happy Friday! Looks like I have to work all day, so I wont be getting much of anything done. Maybe I can do a few rows on lunch. Have a good day everyone! hope you can get a row or two done today! :cheer I need to finish up a couple things for a fundraiser this weekend... then I am digging into my sweetheart ripple! :hook

Oh dear... I never did get my Ripple done. My future DIL hates homemade stuff and especially crochet and she was to be the recipient. I am in the middle of the charity blast so I will see if I can't start this next Wed.

I'm sure I have some yarn somewhere :faint (Ok, I've got more yarn than my Walmart) Oh man .... I cant believe you DIL wouldnt love this 'ghan. Oh well... I know you ... and you would find a fabulous home for it. Dig it out sweetie... come play with us. LOL... I'm pretty sure I could start my own yarn store for all the yarn I have too. :lol

Okay kids......

off to get a coffee refill and get back to the ol' hook.

I only got one row in today :( Good news though, I got a whole box of sparkle twinkly holiday yarn today in the mail!! YAY!!! OK, off to the grocery store.

hey... one row is better than None...

Sparkly yarn huh..... whatcha makin' with that?

I'm going to make the stockings from the Crochet today Nov/Dec 2012 issue.http://www.crochettoday.com/crochet-patterns/jolly-stockings I always do stockings for my parents, this year they moved away, so I was going to have to buy them new stockings to fill and mail. I got this magazine in the mail and when I saw those stockings I had to make them. My dad is a huge Broncos fan so I will prob. make his orange and blue, I hope I can find a pattern for the bronco but if not I will make it up. My mom is a sucker for all things hand made especially crochet (its her hobby too). I can't wait to hear how excited she is about them!

:autumn Gooooooooood Morning .........brrr

Little cool on my end of the world this morning.....but oh so pretty!

Have my cousins wedding to go to today..... a fundraiser for a friend... and possibly a little time out with my mom. So not sure how much time I will get with my hook today... but we'll see.

My cousin placed an order of 200 covered hershey minis from me........ I decided to do them as a Wedding Gift instead of charging him :D Made my life easier! ;)

I have tons of crocheting to do... so just using his order as a gift helped! :whew

I'm going to make the stockings from the Crochet today Nov/Dec 2012 issue.http://www.crochettoday.com/crochet-patterns/jolly-stockings I always do stockings for my parents, this year they moved away, so I was going to have to buy them new stockings to fill and mail. I got this magazine in the mail and when I saw those stockings I had to make them. My dad is a huge Broncos fan so I will prob. make his orange and blue, I hope I can find a pattern for the bronco but if not I will make it up. My mom is a sucker for all things hand made especially crochet (its her hobby too). I can't wait to hear how excited she is about them!okay... those stocking are too cute! Cant wait to see pics of them when you're done! Broncos one would be too cute! Just using the colors might be enough.

need a coffee refill....

bbiab

have a fabulous day all...............

:autumn........... Good Morning all.......

brrr.......... its a bit on the cold side this morning! Gettin' ready for church and I'm movin' right along to get dressed...lol

I started mine and let me tell you that I am loving the way it's looking! I'll have to take and post a picture of it. I'm using varigated in greens and burgandy with white as the main color. I cant wait to see how its coming along!

I'm going to start mine tonight when we get home from my son's baseball game. I have my yarn all picked out! :hook

I had to put my other ripple down to make some beanies.... but I'll get back to all this! "Squirrel" :D

okay... more coffee needed.......

catch up with you all later!

I started mine and let me tell you that I am loving the way it's looking! I'll have to take and post a picture of it. I'm using varigated in greens and burgandy with white as the main color.

OOO I bet that is going to be really pretty! I cant wait to see a picture.

I'm using all purples. I love purple! :) I worked a 10 yesterday and I have another long day today. I hate working weekends!!!!

Tam, what is a mini wrapped Hershey??

Ok, going to get a few more rows in before I have to get ready for work. Have a Great Sunday everyone!!!

I would love to join this :) I definitely suffer from ADSO syndrome. I really want to make this for my dh for Christmas, but have to sneak away to the yarn store this weekend on payday for some colors that he would like. Until then I'll be working on an afghan for one of my sons and a felt Christmas wreath that is supposed to be a joint project with one of my daughters but so far I seem to be the only one working on it :lol

And I'm fighting the urge to make some crocodile stitch slippers. I so want to get side-tracked making those. :hook

I was able to work on mine some over the weekend. I took a picture last night before I went to bed so I will try to post it this evening when I get home from work. I love this pattern and am so glad you all tempted me to make this one! :lol

:sun ......... Good afternoon all.............

Hope everyone is having a magnificent Monday.

Kara............. these are covered hershey mini's... I make them as an "on the side" business. I take Hershey Minis... and cover them on top of the original wrapper with a new wrapper that I have designed and printed.

post-18634-135897779366_thumb.jpg

AuroraDawn........... Welcome! We're here to have fun and attempt to stay focused. :hook

Dee............ Welcome to you too! The more the marrier! Love that crocodile stitch! I made a clutch recently that I still need to line from that stitch!

Deb............ Oh I cant wait to see your progress! I'm so glad you jumped in the play with us! This is fun.. because although I know other projects get some of my attention... The point of this CAL is to FINISH this project. Once we all do that... we can start a new one! :hook

Okay kids.... I started my Sweetheart Ripple and here it is so far. I'm doing mine is the form of a Scrap Sweetheart Ripple. Gonna get rid of some of those tiny balls of yarn! :clap and create a sweet lap'ghan at the same time! :D

post-18634-135897779374_thumb.jpg

Welcome to all the new joiners!!! I'm super excited that I have more people to help me get side tracked, oops I meant focused. :laughroll

Kara............. these are covered hershey mini's... I make them as an "on the side" business. I take Hershey Minis... and cover them on top of the original wrapper with a new wrapper that I have designed and printed.

I work in a Print Center and that is one of the things we can do! I so know what those are!

I had to order more light lavender for my 'ghan so hopefully I wont run out before it comes in. Its back ordered so I'm on a wait list. :cry!! I really don't want to do solid hearts on the back. I'm weird, I know. I've been playing around with skipping sections. I really want my hearts to be special and like no other 'ghan. hmmmmmmm

Dee............ Welcome to you too! The more the marrier! Love that crocodile stitch! I made a clutch recently that I still need to line from that stitch!

I saw your clutch and think it's wonderful! So cute :)

Love the covered Hershey's minis. I made those to leave as a thank you for the hospital staff when I had babies a couple times. It's wonderful that you made those as a gift for them. Weddings can get so expensive now days.

Archived