**Need help!**I found the Towel Topper Pattern

I Create

Ha! I found my digital Crochet World April 2008 pattern that Kate (Skatters) mentioned in her thread, the towel topper. :) Printed it out yesterday and made one last night. One problem, I couldn't figure out the part that buttons over a handle, like the stove etc, and didn't realize it till it was made. :lol Going to look at it again today, but ended up putting a loop on it for my drawers that have knobs, can't use the flap on my drawers and cabinets. I made the button hole but made the flap attached without realizing it. Here it is. I'll either put a button where the button hole is or a flower would look cute, too. Love the inside "hanger" for the towel though.

***Help, help!*** I know there is another section here for pattern help, but since I posted this thread showing the topper I made and Skatters posted hers too, hoping I can get help. I can not for the life of me figure out row 18. There are 24 sts on row 17 and it says to now work in back loops and do a sc in each st across, but in a round, so it sounds like I should join the first and last dc. BUT then it says "now working in rem lps of row 17, sc in each st across, join in beg sc, do not turn (48 sc)." Where are they getting the other 24 sc from? Where are the rem lps of row 17?? I am very confuzled. And when do I join that row? I have crocheted for 37 or 38 years and I do read patterns pretty well, but sure can't figure this out.

post-23943-135897778569_thumb.jpg

I have made several of this pot holder. Things are in a mess here right now, so will look it over after a very busy 3 days (Monday probably), oops, that's the day our new dog will be taken in for neutering. Anyway, soon as I can. Thanks so much for the help.

When you do your row 18 you are basically doing the same thing you do when you start this potholder. You crochet in the back loops(your row 17 or the chain in the potholder) until you reach the end, turn it and crochet in the back loops (before you turned it these would have been your front loops), since you turned it they are back loops. When you get to the end you will be back to where you started crocheting in back loops and that is where you join. This is how you get started in rounds so it makes the skirt on the towel topper.

Still haven't had a chance to follow what you are saying but with the extra explanation I'm sure I can do it. Thank you very, very much for taking the time to explain. I'll add a note here when I get a chance to try it. Our dog just had surgery and lots happening here so haven't had a moment to work on it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived