New Magazine - Crochet 1-2-3

Empress Busy Bee

Thanks for the info. Will have to check it out at Walmart, hopefully it will also be available at other stores.

Based on what I saw on their website, looks very similar to the type of patterns that Crochet Today and Crochet world offer. Down to earth but cute ones.

A girl can never have enough crochet magazines (and all that goes with it).

LI Roe

With stacks and stacks of crochet magazines and books, I still subscribe to Crochet Today and recently got a digital subscription to Crochet! (just for one pattern!). But it's only rarely that I find patterns in them that I want to use. I get far more ideas from all the creative people on the Web who so freely share their designs. This new magazine does have a reasonable price, but I'm going to try and resist! I am glad, however, to see a new crochet pub, since knitting and quilting seem to get most of the attention.

Well, I checked Walmart, not there, even stopped at Barnes & Noble, since they have a bigger craft selection of magazines but not there either.

May see if AC Moore may have it if I am near there tomorrow.

LI Roe

Well, I checked Walmart, not there, even stopped at Barnes & Noble, since they have a bigger craft selection of magazines but not there either.

LI Roe

I'm pretty sure it is only sold at walmart, i remember reading that somewhere.

LI Roe

This magazine will be exclusive to Walmart. It will not be available at other stores. Why do I know this? Because I met the editor at the Reno Knit and Crochet Show last week. Twice. They will also have a Knit 1, 2, 3 magazine. One month the crochet magazine will come out, the next month the knit magazine will come out. I was under the impression that the magazine wasn't quite out to the Walmart masses just yet, but don't know when they were to be released.

When I called the number to subscribe I spoke with a very nice woman. She told me that my subscription would start with issue 2. I told her that I really wanted the Premier issue too and she let me order it from her. I didn't want to take a chance that my Walmart didn't have it. I'm so glad I ordered it by phone! :clap

When I called the number to subscribe I spoke with a very nice woman. She told me that my subscription would start with issue 2. I told her that I really wanted the Premier issue too and she let me order it from her. I didn't want to take a chance that my Walmart didn't have it. I'm so glad I ordered it by phone! :clap

If any of you are on Facebook, go to Crochet 1, 2, 3 and like their page...they have a comment about the magazines maybe not being all the stores right now...(so many stores, employees at the stores might not know about the magazines, etc...)

I picked up the magazine on the 15th. I found it near the yarn aisle. It's a nice magazine and all patterns used yarns that should be available in Walmart or other department stores....Bernat, Red Heart, Lionbrand, Caron Simply Soft and Peaches & Creme. The same company also publishes Knitting 1-2-3 and Kid's Crafts 1-2-3.

This magazine will be exclusive to Walmart. It will not be available at other stores. Why do I know this? Because I met the editor at the Reno Knit and Crochet Show last week. Twice. They will also have a Knit 1, 2, 3 magazine. One month the crochet magazine will come out, the next month the knit magazine will come out. I was under the impression that the magazine wasn't quite out to the Walmart masses just yet, but don't know when they were to be released.

I had to go back to that Walmart again but it wasn't there. I am surprised that any magazine would be "exclusive" to one store. They severely reduce the number of potential customers and since Walmart has also decreased drastically their yarn and fabric aisle (more like a small closet in some stores) they are not going to get people thinking they have crochet magazines. I have to stop at another Walmart tomorrow, hopefully, it will there, if not, I am not going to worry about it. I would like to see the premier issue first, and having to ask for it on a new subscription just doesn't thrill me. But then again, that is my little humble opinion.

Yes, this magazine is going to be exclusive to Walmart, other than subscription. (Walmart has another exclusive magazine, called All*You or something like that.)

All patterns in this magazine will feature only yarns available at Walmart, focusing on worsted and bulky weight yarns.

Cari Clement, former Creative Director at Caron Yarns before they were bought by Spinrite, is editor of this magazine and Knit 1-2-3. Given the limitations of using only the yarns available at Walmart, she's going to do a fabulous job with the magazine.

Yes, this magazine is going to be exclusive to Walmart, other than subscription. (Walmart has another exclusive magazine, called All*You or something like that.)

All patterns in this magazine will feature only yarns available at Walmart, focusing on worsted and bulky weight yarns.

Cari Clement, former Creative Director at Caron Yarns before they were bought by Spinrite, is editor of this magazine and Knit 1-2-3. Given the limitations of using only the yarns available at Walmart, she's going to do a fabulous job with the magazine.

Cari was really nice when I met her. Granted while many Walmarts have drastically reduced their craft departments (fabric, yarn, etc.) it seems to me that if they decide to come out with a magazine exclusive to their store (plus subscription) that maybe they will increase the size of at least the yarn department. One can hope anyway. I know it seems kind of weird to start a magazine exclusive to one store...but who knows what might happen...it might work.

Amy, we really, really, really need a "like" button!!!!!

Amy, we really, really, really need a "like" button!!!!!

We actually have plans for that later this year. It requires some major software changes, though, and we can't budget the time for that until my trade show travels are over for the year. :)

But hopefully we'll have that capability by the end of the year, if not much sooner.

We actually have plans for that later this year. It requires some major software changes, though, and we can't budget the time for that until my trade show travels are over for the year. :)

But hopefully we'll have that capability by the end of the year, if not much sooner.

*Like*

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiousity, has anybody been actually able to purchase the premiere issue of this magazine? I was a couple of Walmarts in the past several days and even looked at the registers since many magazines are also displayed there as well as the normal rack by the electronics.

Can't find it anywhere.

LI Roe

Archived