Lov2Crochet

Cradle Purse Pattern - seen this one?

Question

23 answers to this question

Have you asked the seller?

Yes, yesterday and she hasn't answered yet. My guess is she created it herself. I know how to make the purses, I just want to know how to make the hood like that.

that is really neat! I love the edging on it! You could ask how they did their edging?

Ugh, well she e-mailed back.

Hi Lindsey,

I think I did find out how to make the cradle purse on the internet - it has been so long I can't really remember. I am not much of a pattern person, it may have even been a video. I really struggle to make something for the first time and usually don't make it the way they show it , but after that I use the piece as a sample and can easily duplicate it. I can usually look at something and figure out a way to make it and make it in a way that looks good to me.

I really should try to learn more about patterns.

If I had a pattern or knew of a video to send you I would.

I'm so sorry I could not be of more help.

I'm glad you like the way the hood looks on mine -Thanks !

I hope you can find some help soon !

Best Regards !

Looks like a half circle of dc, and a row or two of increase sc, then maybe a row or two of dc no increases. Then attach to bassinet, and edge around the front. Thats just what I see. Don't look to hard to do. You just have to play around with it and tweek it to what you like. Hope this is helpful.

I was going to say it looked like bobbles going around it?

Looks like the hood was started top middle with a 1/2 circle of dc and went from there. I'm betting it was attached?

Looks like the hood was started top middle with a 1/2 circle of dc and went from there. I'm betting it was attached?

Yeah, usually the hood is made from attaching it to the bassinet and working your way up, looks like this one was made from the top down and then attached to the bassinet. Ugh, wish I could find that pattern or video!

Here is a pattern that uses a hood that looks similar.

http://scribbit.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-to-make-dolls-bassinette-from.html

Hope this helps...Debi

Thanks, that does look like it but with the hood attached upside down. I bet I can make it the other way based on the directions. Its the only pattern I've seen thats close to it anyway, thanks!

I made several of these over the years and the Beadedsocks.net had the best pattern I had ever seen for the cradle purse however, the link no longer works. Maybe someone else has a newer name/link to provide for the site owner.

Edited by ReniC

Thanks, that does look like it but with the hood attached upside down. I bet I can make it the other way based on the directions. Its the only pattern I've seen thats close to it anyway, thanks!

I know this is ancient, but did you ever figure out the hood.  I am doing this pattern... http://www.oocities.org/crotiques/origcradle.htm ... and the hood doesn't make sense and I would love to find out if you figured one out.  Thanks!