September 2012 Charity CAL! 9/20-9/25

Skysmom

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I love the afghan photos. The blue one is so warm and calm looking and the one with the yarn called "Duckie" was it? How cute is that?

BTW, I am the one who uses the phrase "charity blitz". I think the CAL was called that a long time ago by a different host or maybe it was called that informally by someone else and I picked it up. Blitz means lightning in German and we crochet at lightning speed for 6 days!

Anyway, here is about the only person around sick enough to be in ICU and well enough to sit up and crochet.

post-13802-135897779965_thumb.jpg

And here is what we got done. One mat for me and one for mom and we each have one on the hook. I also made 4 toys. Someone loaned me the DVDs for season one of the Big Bang Theory and I sometimes watch an episode before bed but sometimes find that I am laughing and forget to crochet. Thus, only 4 toys. I stink at making the square that folds over into a stuffed triangle. I can make several of the swirly ones in the time it takes to make the triangle. Phooey.

post-13802-135897779968_thumb.jpg

So, 2 cat mats and 4 cat toys

Hi Ladies! I finally finished the preemie 'ghan. :hook I will post totals in a day or two. :)

Vanna's Aqua, Duckie and White and measures about 26" square...

I love your preemie blankie. The colors are so cute together and just looks ducky.

And here is what we got done.

So, 2 cat mats and 4 cat toys

Great job on the cat mats and toys. They will be so loved by the kitties and they don't care about stitching and will just enjoy playing with the toys.

Now I have to ask, is that you in the hospital? I hope you are doing okay now if that was you.

Good Morning, Ladies!

Thank you for the compliments on the preemie 'ghan!:manyheart

Denise ~ Your mom is amazing! Sending hugs and get well wishes to her. :hug

I think everyone has posted their totals, but I need to double check!

Hi Cindy, that is my mom in the hospital. She seems to be in more than out these days. She keeps from going crazy by taking her crochet bag with her.

I hope she's feeling better soon. It's neat that she can do her crocheting still. Tell her I said best wishes and get well soon. :hug

Here are the totals for September! Please let me know if I need to change or add anything.

Lapghans ~

1 Cornmeal Lapghan

1 Copper Lapghan - 50%

1 Rectangle Granny Lapghan

Afghans ~

1 Preemie Afghan

Squares ~

30 - 6" Squares

1 - 2" Squares

8 - Joined Squares

53 Granny's Daughters

2 Cat Mats

4 Cat toys

4 Hats

I'm sorry I'm late reporting . it has been a hand week n the neighbourhood. :(

I made 4 hats - what can I say... between the tendonitis, arthritis and a small scalding I just couldn't make anything happen. My hands are still fussing if I do too much handwork.

I'm sorry I'm late reporting . it has been a hand week n the neighbourhood. :(

I made 4 hats - what can I say... between the tendonitis, arthritis and a small scalding I just couldn't make anything happen. My hands are still fussing if I do too much handwork.

Oh I hope your hands are healing. I know I'm just miserable when I have a cut or burn on my fingers or hands and can't crochet. :eek

Best wishes and healing thoughts going your way. :hug And a big congrats on getting 4 hats done while hurting.

Here are the totals for September! Please let me know if I need to change or add anything.

Lapghans ~

1 Cornmeal Lapghan

1 Copper Lapghan - 50%

1 Rectangle Granny Lapghan

Afghans ~

1 Preemie Afghan

Squares ~

30 - 6" Squares

1 - 2" Squares

8 - Joined Squares

53 Granny's Daughters

2 Cat Mats

4 Cat toys

4 Hats

Super accomplishments ladies!! So glad I was able to participate with you all. :hook

Archived