September 2012 Charity CAL! 9/20-9/25

Skysmom

:autumn Calling all crocheters, :crocheting knitters, :knitquilters and those who sew! :sew Each month for 6 days, we meet and work on projects for charity. It's a great way to share ideas, pictures, and learn about different charities! At the end of the CAL, please post what you've completed and/or your progress (everything counts!) in Large Colorful letters. The totals will be posted by the Friday or Saturday after the end of the CAL.

:rememberSo, mark your calendars for Thursday. Lots of us start a little early and end a day or so late...it's all for a good cause! :manyheart

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished a couple of "bespoke" afghans so I can get back to my lapghans for the hospice. I have several started. I think the one I am going to pick up to work on first is in RHSS cornmeal, gold, and burgundy. I probably won't have it finished by Thursday, so that will be project one. I also have one in purple squares I'm plugging away on at work, but I just got a big transcription project that has to be done ASAP, so that one will probably languish for a while. It's the pits when I actually have to work at work! The very idea! :lol

Welcome, cshort! :)

We're having a beautiful, rainy morning so it's a good time to get organized for the week. I have a preemie ripple started and another scarf started...hopefully I'll have more crochet time during this month's CAL.:hook

Good Morning! :)

I think I have my square for this month...

http://solgrim.blogspot.ca/2009/06/sirkel-i-kvadrat.html

But it will take a whole passel of squares :eek

I saw a very pretty edging on :pinterest and I can do continuous join.

That is such a great pattern, darski! Knowing you, it will be done in no time. :D

Hi Kara. We're glad you're going to join us! :)

Hopefully Linda (busy-bee-lmt) will pop in. She has been very sick and is facing a lot of recuperation time. Miss you, Linda! :hug

Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on. See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Darski, what a pretty pattern. I've bookmarked it. Thanks for finding it!

Would anyone mind if I count my six days from this Monday through Saturday? Last night I was asked to make a baby afghan for a shower that's coming up soon, and I need to get a start on it on my days off next Mon/Tue. I've been working, when I had time, on a couple of lapghans for hospice.

I am going to do what I can but I had an experience with tendonitis yesterday - called trigger finger - where my index finger locked up. I was able to crochet for a few minutes last night so I am hopeful.

it can be done... :wlol:crocheting:wlol

Ouch! That sounds painful.

I have been so busy that when I got up this morning I just decreed today crochet day until time to go to work this afternoon. I got quite a bit done on one of the two lapghans I'm working on simultaneously. I may do some on the other one when I get home tonight.

In the first one, I'm using some RHSS Williamsburg. I had never used it before and really love the color, but it is, I think, the scratchiest, stiffest RH I've ever had the displeasure to crochet, and there's a lot of competition for that gold medal. Some of the newer ones aren't bad at all, but this one is dreadful. It's a very dark variegated. I wonder if it doesn't sell well and this is just very old stock. I ordered it online - I've never seen it locally. I bought four skeins of it, and thank goodness, it's just an accent color in this afghan. I'll be sure it is in future ones too. It's hard on the finger it slides over holding tension. I would hate to have to do much of it continuously.

Anyway, quite a bit of progress today.

Thanks all for thinking of my mom. She was moved to ICU last night. She is having such a hard time breathing. I have a cold now but was allowed to see her as long as I wore a mask. The pneumonia she has is bad and they might need to intibate. So I might not be getting much done but you will all have my moral support!

Darski I saw your kids RH shawl. So, so pretty.

Archived