hhensler

Stained Glass Window Afghan

65 posts in this topic

Finally got around to making this one...it's been on my to-do list FOREVER...

This pattern can be found in the book "50 Sensational Crochet Afghans & Throws".

post-15073-135897777483_thumb.jpg

ETA: This afghan is now for sale in my Etsy shop.

Edited by hhensler
7 people like this

It's beautiful! That's one I keep pushing to the back burner as well. It seems so time-consuming though gorgeous.

It's beautiful! That's one I keep pushing to the back burner as well. It seems so time-consuming though gorgeous.

Didn't really take as long as you'd think...a couple of weeks. Of course I made a small one - I only used 12 squares - I've seen others with 20 squares.

Beautiful! I've only just made a stained glass square in neutral colors. Yours really look like cathedral windows, so I can almost see those gothic arches.

Very pretty and special.

I was just looking at this pattern the other day while seeking info on Overlay Crochet. Seems like it would be a good place to start. Thank you for sharing a great inspiration.

That is just beautiful! You did a wonderful job on it! As others have said, it's been on my list for years but just have never felt up to the challenge of it. Great job! :cheer

Thanks everyone...I've always liked this pattern, and am so glad I finally made it. I think I will work up a couple of squares to make into pillows as well.

Ooooh Heather....that's beautiful! I've had that pattern for years....someday I'll get to it! lol!