ZingyZoid

Celebrity Shawl from Crochet-Pattern-A-Day

Don't mind my big butt... I really wanted to show my new shawl. It's the first shawl I've made and I really like it.

shawl.jpg

The pattern is from the Crochet-pattern-a-day 2006 Calendar. The May 10th pattern, Celebrity Shawl. I used Plymouth Fantasy Naturale mercerized cotton. I love the colors!! It's almost shimmery in the sunlight.

2005_0925shawl0002.jpg

WOW, what a pretty shawl!!! Talented! Did it take a while, or was it a fast stitch! I liked the yarn you used too. Awesome job!! :clap:tup

what beautiful yarn! and i really like that light and loopy stitch pattern. congrats on completing it! :D

Very pretty... great stitch! That yarn is absolutely gorgeous.

Great job!!! It is really pretty...and your butt is fine.lol Lovely colors.

WOW, what a pretty shawl!!! Talented! Did it take a while, or was it a fast stitch! I liked the yarn you used too. Awesome job!! :clap:tup

It took me all day Saturday and I'm slow I think. Plus I had to frog the first row twice. I know there are people on this board that could whip this up in just few hours. The pattern was really easy to remember and get in to.

Thanks for all the nice comments!

That's a lovely shawl done beautifully Stacy! how much of mercerised cotton did you use? and what hook? I want to know if I can work with the mercerised cotton that i get here in India!

hugs

Vims

The pattern called for a K hook with bulky yarn. Because I was using a worsted weight I went up a hook size. I'm not sure that's right though. The K hook would have been fine. I used just under 4 balls at 140 yards each.

Very nice!!! Love the colors too.

and your butt's not that big.. .lol