craft room (and/or cat?) rugs

katyallen815

Hi, couple of pics of what I had to finish up and completed this week!! The one striped rug i made a while back, but always wanted a companion rug for the craft room, so here it is! I made it double stranded with sports or baby yarn, one strand color, one white, small granny's, and then whip stitched them into the shape I needed for my rug! I put very little fringe on it, as that is asking for trouble with my cats, lol when and if they do get in there unattended!

So without any more explanations, here is the new granny square rug i finished just hours ago, and the striped one i did a while back, both of which will reside in my craft room...:hook

post-40621-135897777344_thumb.jpg

post-40621-135897777341_thumb.jpg

see what i mean about those kitties! Precious, and Max !

post-40621-1358977773_thumb.jpg

post-40621-135897777306_thumb.jpg

Uh-huh, uh-huh! The cats go straight for the rugs ~ ha, ha, ha! Just try and keep them away! Your rugs are beautiful, as are your cats!!!

ha, i know, rugs slash cat mats they are! My kitties don't get in there too often, but when Im doing something in there, i let them come in and they headed straight for whatever is new in the room since their last visit, so I let them stay awhile, lol with a watchful eye on my basket of balls of yarn, and Max!! Precious is a good boy but he is older and wiser I guess, whilst Max just turned a year old this past may and is still sooooooo curious and playful, and loves yarn! they both love mama's lap, and mama's yarn, and mama's stuff in general!! thanks for the lovely comments!:manyheart

OH yes, my cats would glom onto those rugs too! Especially when they're new. I can't drop a little microwave mitt or pot holder and one of mine is on it like white on rice, as if any of them could possibly use these items for a little blankie! They all love our hand made goodies no matter!

OH yes, my cats would glom onto those rugs too! Especially when they're new. I can't drop a little microwave mitt or pot holder and one of mine is on it like white on rice, as if any of them could possibly use these items for a little blankie! They all love our hand made goodies no matter!

sooooooo true, had to laugh, microwave mitt, and white on rice, too funny, thanks for the laugh!! You are right however, Max's favorite toys are not store bought, I repeat NOT store bought....

LOL he loves boxes, bags, yarn, a bread twist plastic thingie will amuse him for hours, and oh, did i mention yarn, lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

wow, revisiting a few old posts, and found a pic of my n ow deceased Precious, aw, but he had a great life, filled with yarn, and yarnie things, and max is still mama's yarnie kitty to this day!! I put the rugs out only now, when company is coming, lol, as max hogs them both, halfandhalf of him on each, lol     this was fun,looking back..... RIP Precious.....

So sorry to hear about Precious.  Having lost a dog several years back, and, later,  my Shadow Blue (a stray gray cat who adopted us 12 or 13 years ago), I can really sympathize!  And isn't is ODD how our fur-babies always go directly for our afghans or rugs?!  I had one fuzzy blanket (not crocheted--just fuzzy and soft) that I would fold into a square and place directly on the corner of the bed.  And shadow would jump up on the bed, circle the folded blanket, and lay down right smack dab in the middle of it!  Boy, do I miss that!

it never gets any easier for sure......but the pain does dull a bit with time, thanks, love grey kitties, I had one too, named peepers, she lived almost 20 years, as did her sister Squeeky, lol.a mished up grey striped, or splotched kitty, she was gorgeous too!!  

Archived