Original Creations

I recently started making my own creations. I've been creating outfits for a little girl's size 4. Mostly for my great grandaughter. I was asked about my patterns. I've read the copyright law and once it is written down which I have a cropped jacket done with pictures, that the pattern is copyrighted. But it is like so many sweater patterns that could be part of someone else's like the top down sweaters. I did my own measurements and checked gauges to determine how many stitches and then determine how many certain pattern stitches would be in a row and spent alot of time trying to figure how I wanted sleeves etc. Do I just keep these patterns, offer to sell them or offer some as free. I've read some of the threads and I wonder if it worth the aggravation that some designers go through. Am I wasting my time typing them up so people can follow them along with pictures?

• 2 months later...

I would publish it and see how it goes!

Remember everything starts somewhere. I publish a lot of beanie patterns. And yes there are a ton of beanie patterns out there and all beanies start basically the same way. But its what you do with it and how you present it that makes yours different.

Kay

Archived