My baby afghan got a ribbon at the Puyallup Fair!

eurolyons

Thank you all for the congrats and compliments. I can't wait to see the afghan in person on display in a couple of weeks...right now, we're in Medford, Oregon on our way to Reno for the Knit and Crochet Show...

Congrats! I won't be able to see it this year as I don't think I will make the fair. usually work the rabbit barn during the open division.

That is way cool and I'd be soo excited too!

Sorry you can't get to the fair to see it...thank you...

And thanks again everyone.

Congrats and this one is georgeous!!! Love that purple color. Whats the name of the pattern?

Oh man...part of the pattern come from a book and I'm out of town away from the book...and then I played around with parts of the stitch pattern repeats...then...I added a braid cluster from another book to the top and bottom and also added ruffles (my take on ruffles...) and then...I decided part of the cables on the sides...that's the best answer I could give you at the moment...can you wait until next week for the rest of the answer?

Congratulations! It looks very nice!

Thanks Rachel...I went to the fair yesterday and saw it on display with the ribbon. I'll pick it up from the fair this coming Wednesday, then it will go to the baby it was intended for.

Way to go! Your afghan is really pretty!!!

Thank you...

Slightly off topic, we were going through the photography exhibit today and I think next year I might try my hand at photography and submit one or more of my photography and see what happens. Partly because my days at being able to put crochet in competition at this particular fair are numbered. If one is trying to go professional and you make too much money, one is barred from competition. At least for the home arts.

Archived