Crochet storage basket

Henna

That's a terrific little basket. What kind of yarn did you use? I love whatever stitch you used that makes it actually resemble straw or wicker. So-called "hard crochet" is fun. I remember back in the '70s when I first learned the magic of crochet I was making covers for just about every flower pot in sight with rug yarn (which used to be cotton, very inexpensive and available in lots of colors). However, mine were very beginnerish and didn't have the lovely texture of yours. There's a cool book from that era by Mark Dittrick, called "Hard Crochet."

That's a terrific little basket. What kind of yarn did you use? I love whatever stitch you used that makes it actually resemble straw or wicker. So-called "hard crochet" is fun. I remember back in the '70s when I first learned the magic of crochet I was making covers for just about every flower pot in sight with rug yarn (which used to be cotton, very inexpensive and available in lots of colors). However, mine were very beginnerish and didn't have the lovely texture of yours. There's a cool book from that era by Mark Dittrick, called "Hard Crochet."

I used medium weight 100% cotton yarn that I doubled to get a sturdy structure. I don't know the name of the stitch that I use, it's a stitch I have used since I was a kid. I have to research this "hard crochet" you wrote about. Being originally from Finland, I'm not familiar with some of the crochet terms in English :)

• 3 weeks later...
I used medium weight 100% cotton yarn that I doubled to get a sturdy structure. I don't know the name of the stitch that I use, it's a stitch I have used since I was a kid. I have to research this "hard crochet" you wrote about. Being originally from Finland, I'm not familiar with some of the crochet terms in English :)

So-called "hard crochet" is not a mainstream U.S. crochet term. I think the book author may have coined it!

Archived