2 Butterfly wing shawls

smokeyp81

Here are 2 shawls I made using the Butterfly Wing Shawl pattern. The green one was made with Cascade Heritage Silk yarn in Cloverfield. This is spectacular yarn! A little pricy at $15 a skein, but sooooo worth it! The fall colored one was made with unknown yarn that I bought at Big Lots. I suspect it is wool.

post-2360-135897776777_thumb.jpg

post-2360-135897776785_thumb.jpg

post-2360-135897776789_thumb.jpg

post-2360-135897776792_thumb.jpg

The Cascade yarn is a fingering weight and made a very nice smaller scarf like shawl. The other yarn is worsted weight and made a nice size shawl. This pattern was really fun to make. I see more in my future!

Both very pretty! That looks like a great pattern, love the way the main part flows into the edging :hook

Don't you love the feel of the Heritage Silk? And it's superwash, what more could we ask for?:lol

Love the dappled greens of the color you used:)

Love them! That pattern is on my queue, and I think it's going to have to move up pronto. That green one is gorgeous! I just used Heritage Silk for the first time but haven't blocked it yet--how did it block? It was beautiful to work with--really smooth and the wool kept the silk from being too slippery.

Love them! That pattern is on my queue, and I think it's going to have to move up pronto. That green one is gorgeous! I just used Heritage Silk for the first time but haven't blocked it yet--how did it block? It was beautiful to work with--really smooth and the wool kept the silk from being too slippery.

It blocked like a dream! I love this yarn.....need more!

Archived