I was gifted a large amount of cotton yarn!

Real Deal

:clap My girlfriend who lives across the hall from me was at a yard sale, and while looking for tatting supplies for herself, she saw a huge box with a lot of worsted weight cotton yarn in it. She decided to surprise me, and hauled this enormous appliance box home. It was just chocked full of all kind of craft goodies!

She got the box indoors ~ I have no idea how! ~ and unload the cotton on the couch. She then came over and got me and told me I had to come in with my eyes closed. OK. Once I was in front of the couch, she exclaimed "Look, Elmore Pisgah!" :lol :lol :lol

For a second, all I could think was "Huh? Why would she remember that name? She doesn't use that yarn." Then I opened my eyes. Wow! A huge basket was filled and part of her couch was loaded with cotton yarn ~ and it was so beautiful!!!

When I placed all of it out on the couch, it came to 1 full cone, 5 full balls, and 64 partial balls. Of the balls, approx half were between half to 3/4 of a full amount. Most of the remaining balls were approx 1/3. It came to a LOT of yarn, and there were even some colors I don't have. That was nice. I've been so excited about it, so it just goes to show you ~ it doesn't matter how much yarn you have ~ you love every new bit just as much!

We spent 2 days going through the entire box, and discovered a treasure trove. Tatting goodies, including a couple very old shuttles, so my friend was thrilled to add these to her collection. Old wooden embroidery hoops, which I love. A lot of latch hooks and a box full of new latch hook yarn, and my youngest sister used to hook, so I'll give these to her. Items for knitting, sewing, embroidery, crochet, weaving. Pairs and pairs of scissors. We are just in 7th Heaven!!!

I'm just so tickled with this yarn and the fact that my friend bought the entire box so she could get the yarn for me! I'm already using some of it in a couple of my small projects.

I picked out a jade green to go with a multi crayon color I already have, that I'm making into microwave mitts for ME.

I also picked out a white, and a multi pink / white / blue to go with solid pink and solid blue I already have, that I'm making into a large dishcloth for a local church that does free lunches.

that is awsome!! i iwish I could come across such a wounderous treasure!!!!!.. then again i think hubby would make me sleep in the said box LOL.. as he thinks I have to much yarn already lol

My friend and I have continued to have fun going through small boxes and bags, finding spools and spools of thread, packets of sewing needles, scissors sharpeners, a handful of thimbles, yarn and tapestry needles, beads, thread and yarn threaders, long large head pins, hat pins, and just dozens of little dodads.

I also found some worsted weight acrylic yarn ~ a small skein of medium blue, a hand rolled ball of white, and 2 very large, hand rolled balls of Rose Garden. I love Rose Garden!!! I'm not sure, but I think it's a discontinued color. It's the Caron Pounder, but because it's variegated, it's only 3/4 of a pound I think. The color is white / pink / shades of green. When you crochet this along with another strand of dark green, it is absolutely gorgeous! So I now have more Rose Garden!

I have been so blessed with items from her yard sale purchase.

Archived