Lilac and Orchid Blankie

Afghaniac

that is awesome! I love it! I'm always wondering what to do with my stash, and I get scared that I'll start a project, run out and never find the yarn needed to finish it!

Its just beautiful but then all your afghans are beautiful! Love your colors and that border is to die for!

Very pretty. I love to use scraps in my quilting and crochet, all the color changes prevents boredom and its kind of cute how every square turns out in different colors.

Very pretty. I love to use scraps in my quilting and crochet, all the color changes prevents boredom and its kind of cute how every square turns out in different colors.

Thank you! Randomness can be fun.

I've just about arrived at the point where I enjoy making scrap afghans more than following others' color ways. But almost every scrapghan requires a skein or two of new yarn, and the stash never seems to entirely disappear.

Thank you! Using scraps randomly can be fun. This is my second attack on pinks and roses --the other one an African Flower afghan -- but despite best efforts, still some yarn in that color family left!

that is awesome! I love it! I'm always wondering what to do with my stash, and I get scared that I'll start a project, run out and never find the yarn needed to finish it!

Thank you! The nice thing about a motif afghan is that there's often a way to complete it without perfectly matching yarn.

Thanks, everybody for such nice feedback comments.

The pattern is a clever one, with its easy and clear directions and diagrams for joining as you go --that technique also eliminating some of the ends to weave in.

And there are lots of colors that would be nice to use . . . Maybe a stash buster in a different color range . . . .

Archived