Yarn help!

bindi10108

I don't even know what the type of yarn is called, but it's that fuzzy stuff. It has like little strings coming out of it and would make a very nice hat or scarf. However, i cannot see what i'm doing because it is so fuzzy. Can someone help me?:think:shrug:huh:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:sigh:thair:headache:?

Wow, thats a lot of emotion in those smilies. :)

This probably doesn't help but I recently did some stuff with a Sugar & Cream "Scrubby" yarn. It was dark brown with some fringe on it and I couldn't see what I was doing either. The pattern was basic stitches so I just put the hook where I knew the stitch was supposed to be (even though I couldn't really see it) and if it felt right then I just went ahead. If it felt too loose or too tight I knew I put it in the wrong spot.

Maybe it also might help to add a thread or a small yarn to the fuzzy one to give your stitches more definition.

Good luck!

I did the same as Charis. The yarn I used had stringies about an inch long. I used a larger hook and crocheted loosely. I went by the feel of the stitches as much as looking at what I was doing. I made scarves for dd and dgd. If some of the strings get caught, you can use a smaller hook or tapestry needle to release the ends. I think I used single crochet.

Archived