Patchwork Pet Mats

jillkap

Hi all!! Here are some pet mats I made, I'm calling them "Patchwork Pet Mats", they are 15". Each mat has 64 squares in it :eek (they are about 1.5") This is a GREAT way to use up your scraps!! I am going to donate them to a shelter when I'm finished, I have a bunch of mats in the works so I'm going to wait until I'm done with all of them :)

Here's how to make the squares: Ch 4, join to beginning ch with sl st to make a ring, ch 3 (counts as dc), make 3 dc in ring, ch 2, *make 4 dc in ring, ch 2* three times, join to top of beginning ch 3 with sl st, finish off, weave in ends! Super simple! :cheer

I laid out all the squares, sewed in rows with right sides facing each other using a yarn needle, then put a border on it. The border was - Round 1: *sc in each of 4 dc, sc in both ch-2 space of joining squares* across, make (sc, ch 2, sc) in corner, join to beginning sc... Round 2: ch 1, hdc in same st, hdc in each sc around, make 3 hdc in corner ch-2 space, join to beginning hdc, finish off, DONE! :clap

post-43909-135897774152_thumb.jpg

post-43909-135897774155_thumb.jpg

post-43909-135897774159_thumb.jpg

post-43909-135897774161_thumb.jpg

Wow! Very nice. The animal shelter you are donating to will be blown away with all your lovely work.

Dear Jillcap:

Wow those are stunning... I love them.... Great job...

LIsten I'd love to have you join my newly group on face book where we can share photos of our furbabies /pets and crochet things we make for our pets or for donation to charity etc...

I'd love you to share photos of these and the how to's as well

Here is the link in case you decide to join.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfurbabiesandcrocheting/

hugs

Lillibet

Archived