My Crocheted Shawl Won a Ribbon!

yarnjeannie

I was thrilled to find that my crocheted shawl, created to wear to my niece's wedding in April, won a blue ribbon at the fair this year! I also entered my Santa bearded beanie and a green crocheted hat, both of those winning second place red ribbons!

post-14127-135897773843_thumb.jpg

post-14127-135897773846_thumb.jpg

post-14127-135897773849_thumb.jpg

Thanks! I love the notation about not being able to type the word "stitch". I have the same problem when I type about yard sales. I always type yarn sales. Don't need Freud to figure that one out! LOL!

Congrats. I did not realize that you could enter crochet items at the Grange Fair. I may have to check this out. I did not realize either that you live so close to me. I am in Warminster, Pa. I know that there is another ville member in North Wales too. I think if you would like we should meet up somewhere to meet.

Congrats. I did not realize that you could enter crochet items at the Grange Fair. I may have to check this out. I did not realize either that you live so close to me. I am in Warminster, Pa. I know that there is another ville member in North Wales too. I think if you would like we should meet up somewhere to meet.

That would be soooooo cool~ I'd love to meet a couple of the nice people on Crochetville. My brother lives in Warminster. I just saw him there at the Grange fair when I went to pick up my items at closing.

Congratulations! It looks beautiful. Did you make it up or use a pattern?

I did not use a pattern. The body of the shawl was an open mesh and the border on two sides was a shell stitch. I thought at first the border would be too "ripply" but I liked the effect and finished it that way.

Thank you, all!

Congrats! You do beautiful work! I've never entered anything. It was always one of my dreams, but I never got around to it. Now I think crocheting has been eliminated from the fair. Oh, well....

Archived