My First Etsy Sale & a Question

:yay I just made my very first Etsy sale!!! :yay

I am very happy :D but I think I am doing something wrong. I thought there would be an option to email the pattern to her but there wasn't. It only gave me the buyers shipping address and told me to ship. I didn't know what to do so I went into my email account and sent her an email with the pattern attached. Was this what I was supposed to do? Am I missing something?? :think If anyone out there who sells on Etsy could advise me I would be so grateful...

Yes that is what you are supposed to do :) Congrats!! :cheer

I also put in my description for the buyer to put the email they would like the pattern to be sent to in the "notes to seller" section, if it is different from the email in their etsy account :)

Yes that is what you are supposed to do :) Congrats!! :cheer

I also put in my description for the buyer to put the email they would like the pattern to be sent to in the "notes to seller" section, if it is different from the email in their etsy account :)

Thanks!!! :hug

. I didn't know what to do so I went into my email account and sent her an email with the pattern attached. Was this what I was supposed to do? Am I missing something?? If anyone out there who sells on Etsy could advise me I would be so grateful...

You're not missing anything - that's the way etsy works. You did great!

Ravelry automatically sends the pattern out to the customer. It's a great way to get spoiled. There's a learning curve at Rav but it's not that hard and they have great TUTs to get you started.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately Etsy still doesn't offer instant downloads.

But you can sign up for crafthub and offer it in your Etsy store. You do have to pay a fee to use it.

It has been a huge time saver for me and customers love it as they get their pattern within about 2 minutes of placing their order.

You can try a free trial

Heres a link

http://www.crafthub.me/register.php

Archived