Mile a munite

crochet4ever

Question

8 answers to this question

I'm not sure if CPC posts patterns on Freepatterns.com because the patterns rotate, but here's a few. You have to register to the site but it offers free Annie's Attic/DRG patterns. Some of these are granny-stitch-like

http://www.freepatterns.com/list.html?parent_cat_id=2&usage=&criteria=mile

The reason the ends are curved is because you are working around a looooong oval, the curved ends are where you turn the corner.

I have a mile a minute blanket that is done in shells that my great grandmother made me as a baby. It looks like she just followed the shell pattern all the way around...so you shell across your foundation chain and then continue around the other side working in the loops of the opposite side of the foundation chain. They are just joined at the first stitch. I hope that helps!

I have a mile a minute blanket that is done in shells that my great grandmother made me as a baby. It looks like she just followed the shell pattern all the way around...so you shell across your foundation chain and then continue around the other side working in the loops of the opposite side of the foundation chain. They are just joined at the first stitch. I hope

Could you post a pic of your baby blanket?

After closer inspection it looks like the center is done in a 3dc cluster with a chain 2 space between the stitches. The second row is just 3dc in each chain space and 11dc in each end. Pretty simple. There are a few pictures on my blog, I posted them just for you, teapot. :)

Archived