August 2012 Charity Blast Au 16-21

darski

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a little more done on the squares, but I'm going to have to bail on you this month. A co-worker just asked me to make 2 lapghans, that she needs by the end of September. That will be plenty of time, I think, but I need to get going on them.

I'm working along here in the background and have finished two small NICU blankets. Husband undergoing a lot of diagnostics for cancer and will be getting biopsy results on Monday afternoon. Adult son with sudden onset of chest pain/rapid heart beat this last couple of weeks and fighting doing followup with doctor. For some reason he has anxiety attacks going to the doctor and dislikes taking medication. He is five states away or I'd knock him on the head. He has a young family and cannot ignore this. Crocheting is not distracting me as I'd hoped especially since I've missed participating the last couple of months. Slow progress but I need to keep my hands busy.

I will be thinking good thoughts and sending prayers your way with all this on your plate. I hope crocheting can provide some comfort and ease your mind in the days ahead. :hug

I completed two more washcloths today for the Warmth to Warriors project. I'm working on another one but may switch to some Christmas stockings tomorrow. I didn't get to work on my lapghan as we didn't go to the cabin today which is where I left that project.

Okay here is my progress so far... 5 star facecloths for the Warmth for Warrior washcloth drive. I made these with the optional 7th round of shells before doing the single crochet edging. It makes the cloths a bit bigger. The finished size is 8 inches long.

post-10977-135897774162_thumb.jpg

I'm kinda burned out on washcloths right now and am switching over to crocheting some Christmas stockings. How is everything else doing? Hope you all are having a great weekend. :hook

It turns out my timeline on the round ripples is longer than September (misunderstanding there) so I am forging ahead with this. I have four squares completed and attached - I'm joining as I go, something I haven't done before since I rarely do squares - and several more are moving along the conveyor belt. I also sewed together two strips of a hospice lapghan before work this morning.

It turns out my timeline on the round ripples is longer than September (misunderstanding there) so I am forging ahead with this. I have four squares completed and attached - I'm joining as I go, something I haven't done before since I rarely do squares - and several more are moving along the conveyor belt. I also sewed together two strips of a hospice lapghan before work this morning.

Sounds like you are moving right along. I want to try that joining-as-you-go method one of these days. I rarely do squares either but maybe next month I will try squares and do a lapghan that way for the charity blast.

Cindy - I'm doing just a plain old granny square pattern so the outside row has the gaps between the three-dc groups, so it's pretty straightforward. It's very awkward right now, but I assume it will be get easier as I get more used to it. I hope I do, because I'm thinking I would like to make myself one with very small solid color hexagons, but I'd rather eat dirt than sew all that together.

I like the way this one is turning out. I'm using RHSS orchid and medium purple, with round of white for the border.

Good morning all... boy I just realized that we are almost to day 6. Will have to move my tail and get some hats made today. I've got 3.5 so far.

I love those star cloths... so cheery.

Keep on truckin folks - all to a good cause. :ghug

good going all. :cheer

I got my .5 hat (beret) finished and have 2 others made as well. Now the choice is whether to finish some squares or waste that time I spent on them last week to no purpose ( won't count :wlol )

Hi Ladies. :) Everyone is doing great! :cheer

Darlene ~ I'm sorry you're going through so much right now. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

I finished a scarf last night and hope to at least start another one today or tomorrow. :hook

I can't believe I've missed it this month!!! I've been so overwhelmed with "life stuff" that I haven't been on the site much this past week... I guess I'll have to catch up and join in next month --- but I can say that you all have already done such a great job this month! Yay!! Go Charity CAL August participants :)

working on hats..hate it when a hat just doesn't want to be? kwim?? Tonight was one of those. Frogging soon

Ok I beat the yarn into submission and the hat is complete. One..one hat... busy time of year and glad I at least got one!

Everyone is doing great and every hat,scarf, square, and stitch is going for a good cause so all is well and wonderful! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

I love the Go Charity CAL cheer!! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

I'm not going to be able to make enough hats by months end. My personal dead line is to have a bunch of hats made by late November early December so I can get them shipped out to my charity in time. If only I didn't have work and could just sit at home and crochet! Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm not going to be able to make enough hats by months end. My personal dead line is to have a bunch of hats made by late November early December so I can get them shipped out to my charity in time. If only I didn't have work and could just sit at home and crochet! Hope everyone is doing well.

When I first started the "Hats off to Boxing Day" CAL a couple of years back I did the math and found that by making 1 hat a day from Dec. 26 to Nov. 30th you would have 340 hats. That is a lot of hats one hat at a time so just keep on keeping on.

BTW, I didn't get there; I quit at 310 :blush:rofl

I think every hat made is a good thing.

Good morning all. This is the day for our last big push. I'm sticking with hats :wlol

I will try to post our totals on Thursday evening. Please remember to make your Totals Post both

Large

and

Colourful

If only I didn't have work and could just sit at home and crochet! Hope everyone is doing well.

I completely agree. This day job is sure getting in the way of my crocheting. :lol

I did get one more Christmas stocking done last night. I will try and do at least another one tonight and post my final results after that. Hopefully I will get some time tonight to crochet. :hook

I had a busy weekend and only got about 12 rows done on a rectangle granny...It's now a stow and go project for work this week.

I'm just wondering if we want a category for "Progress". I have half a dozen squares that I made but they re not finished but I put that time into them during this blast.

I'll leave it up to y'all to decide. :ghug

:wlol

I'm just wondering if we want a category for "Progress". I have half a dozen squares that I made but they re not finished but I put that time into them during this blast.

Sounds like a grand idea. I love a progress category. :clap

I think it's a wonderful idea, Darski. :hook

good idea Darski

when I started my 100 hats for the homeless in the boxing day cal,I based it on 10 hats a month,some nights I would get one done some other nights 2 or 3,depending how much tv I watched,and then there was times when I'd go a few days and not do any.

Archived