August 2012 Charity Blast Au 16-21

darski

It's been a couple of years since I hosted one of these :wlol

I'm no good at noting every post but I do read them all.

If someone else wants the honour of hosting this month I will gladly stand aside but I was a tad afraid we would miss it - as I did last month.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's been a couple of years since I hosted one of these :wlol

I'm no good at noting every post but I do read them all.

If someone else wants the honour of hosting this month I will gladly stand aside but I was a tad afraid we would miss it - as I did last month.

I'd love to participate again in the charity CAL. We would be so honored to have you host it for us all. :yes I'm going to work on making more Christmas stockings and facecloths for the troops again this month.

I'd love to participate again in the charity CAL. We would be so honored to have you host it for us all. :yes I'm going to work on making more Christmas stockings and facecloths for the troops again this month.

I love all the "warriors" projects. Our (Cdn) military doesn't encourage this sort of thing. I look forward to seeing your pics this month.

I'll do some because I always have something in progress, but won't promise much. I am pretty much crocheted out after my insane Olympics self-challenge of 4 hospice lapghans in [smacks head] 16 days. I did it, barely, but yarn isn't quite at attractive as it was at the beginning of the month! :lol

I'm going to start bringing some squares to work, and leaving the one-piece things at home. I can work on larger projects at the library before they get very large, but I have tons of partial skeins that I want to start using up and squares are perfect. They have just started a Project Linus program at the hospital where I work, so I'll be doing some things for them as well as the hospice at a "rival" hospital. When someone asks what I'm working on, I've always just said "afghans for a hospice program" and keep very quiet about which one...

Thanks, Darski. I was supposed to do it, but hit with the flu which has really put me in a tail-spin this week. I then this afternoon I learned that one of my first-cousins died on Monday, so I'm really thrown for a loop. I'll do what I can, but appreciate you taking over this month.:hug

Welcome to one and all. It is nice to just focus for a bit and do whatever can be done.

I have been arguing with my computer and monitor for most of the day but I have several snowflowers to the white stage at least

I was able to get two facecloths done yesterday for the Warmth for Warriors washcloth drive. Now off to work but I will be working on more washcloths and a lapghan for the nursing home this weekend.

Sounds like we have a nice group started for charity crocheting this month. I love hearing all the projects that everyone else is working on. It's sure fun to make things for others. :manyheart

So far I've just been fiddling around with squares in two sets of RHSS colors. One is straightforward with orchid, medium purple, but I frogged a lot, deciding how I wanted to do them. Now I have to decide if I want them bordered in white or dark orchid. That's tonight's project.

Help -- I'm drawing a blank with the other, and it's taking a lot of crocheting to figure that out. These are just plain old-fashioned granny squares. I haven't done a granny square afghan in decades and thought it might it fun. 8 row blocks. Two rows of ??? at the center, 3 or 4 of Ocean variegated, 1 or 2 of Lt Periwinkle, border round of Lavender. So far for the center I've tried light blue (too near the colors in ocean, and Aruna sea would be too), RH Classic light lavender (too pink), white (too harsh). Other options are RH Classic light seafoam (no greens in the ocean but might be interesting), light gray (I'm afraid it will deaden the ocean), using lavender in the center too. Unfortunately I only have 1 3.5 oz skein of the seafoam, and I'm not sure that's enough. The only place I can find it is Herrschnerr's, and I don't want to pay shipping for a tiny order. On the other hand, I love the color and would like to have more. But it's pretty expensive yarn too, if it isn't on sale. Any other ideas? :think

Decisions, decisions...... And what a long, boring, pointless post to say I've accomplished -- NOTHING.

I just finished my 100th hat for the homeless last week,and mostly used stash on hand

it really busted down the stash to manageable

between yesterday and today I have 8 squares done

I just finished my 100th hat for the homeless last week,and mostly used stash on hand

Wow 100 hats that is fantastic. I made 4 last month but 100 is an amazing number. You are inspiring all of us. :hug

:cheer Fantastic!!!!

I'm working on a few squares this weekend.....I have to head into work for a few hours Saturday and sunday…blah

I don't think I can manage 100 hats between work. 100 hats is VERY impressive!! I'm going to try to get my best friend, Mom, and Grams to help me out. :) Good luck on all those squares, they work up pretty quickly!

Congratulations! :cheer

I remember the year I did all those hats for charity... it became a challenge so good on you.

:welcome to all our new folks.

I always work ghans on a production line so I now have all squares with the white (flower petals) done. Working on leaf rows for any that don't have them today.

Hi everyone! Life does get in the way of crocheting sometimes. ;) But it's all good with our 2 year old grandson and other family. I'm cheering for you from the sidelines at least until tomorrow. :cheer

I got two of the purple squares finished last night, will work on that some more today probably. The lapghan will have 20 squares, so 10% done! Yeah, right. Long way to go.

I'm working along here in the background and have finished two small NICU blankets. Husband undergoing a lot of diagnostics for cancer and will be getting biopsy results on Monday afternoon. Adult son with sudden onset of chest pain/rapid heart beat this last couple of weeks and fighting doing followup with doctor. For some reason he has anxiety attacks going to the doctor and dislikes taking medication. He is five states away or I'd knock him on the head. He has a young family and cannot ignore this. Crocheting is not distracting me as I'd hoped especially since I've missed participating the last couple of months. Slow progress but I need to keep my hands busy.

Darlene - sending lots of good vibes your way :hug That's a lot to deal with all at once. I hope your husband has good news soon, and that your son will take care of himself.

I'm working along here in the background and have finished two small NICU blankets. Husband undergoing a lot of diagnostics for cancer and will be getting biopsy results on Monday afternoon. Adult son with sudden onset of chest pain/rapid heart beat this last couple of weeks and fighting doing followup with doctor. For some reason he has anxiety attacks going to the doctor and dislikes taking medication. He is five states away or I'd knock him on the head. He has a young family and cannot ignore this. Crocheting is not distracting me as I'd hoped especially since I've missed participating the last couple of months. Slow progress but I need to keep my hands busy.

I'll keep you and yours in prayer. I find that I have to have something in my hands in times of trial. i wear off the nervous energy that way. :ghug

I'm thinking that I may switch to making hats - always my first love and I don't have to concentrate . :manyheart:rofl

Archived