Looking for crochet hook organizer pattern

lauri

Question

I saw a great crocheted organizer on Etsy but didn't want to pay $5.50 for the pattern! Anyone have a cute pattern? My crochet hooks are so unorganized and in plastic baggies at the moment! Thanks! :)

15 answers to this question

There are so many patterns out there on WebbyLand that are great and this one is just as nice as the rest. In fact, I think I will make this one for myself. :D

If the above pattern just doesn't float your boat, try Crochet Pattern Central, in the search bar type in Hook.

I'm planning to try making a boutique-size tissue box cover, using a generic pattern for one, then adding a pincushion to one side, a pocket for scissors on another, and slots on two sides for hooks. There's a pattern for one, but I don't want to buy the whole book for one pattern. So I'll have a challenge figuring out how to make the hook-holder parts. Somebody on this forum has made one from the pattern, and says when the box is empty, she will use the box for yarn leavings. Great idea that I'm already using tissue boxes for (uncovered, so far).

I keep my hooks in 2 different type of cases metal pencil case for extras (use sometimes) and I use a large eye glass (I just had to buy a new one at the thrift store it holds more as it's for Kodak Lens for a camera :O) super score case for every day hook/scissors/stitch markers fits perfect in my bag I use on the go :O)

I saw a great crocheted organizer on Etsy but didn't want to pay $5.50 for the pattern! Anyone have a cute pattern? My crochet hooks are so unorganized and in plastic baggies at the moment! Thanks! :)

An inexpensive cosmetics bag makes a great crochet hook organizer except for your larger ones that you would use, e.g., broomstick lace. The cosmetic bags usually zip and are a bit sturdier than a plastic bag and a little more colorful.

Just thought I'd add that when I take my crocheting project somewhere, I use a hard-covered eyeglass case from the dollar store. It's just the right size for hooks and small scissors. Plus I added a magnetic strip to the inside lid for a large needle. Cheap and simple, and nothing falls out.

When i was looking for a case for my hooks at Joann's I saw the rolling cases from DMC for embroidery floss and thought that would work great. I labeled each section with the hook size, I have one for my alum. hooks and one for my steel hooks.

post-10154-135897775625_thumb.jpg

I do this too but sometimes my hooks don't quite fit. I bought a zipper bag intended to carry tampons (was on the shelf right next to them at walmart) and it works everywhere...bags, baskets, purse it doesn't matter. I keep one next to my chair in the living room w/hook and nippers and tapestry needle. I don't have a place in my house this time to have jars and cups displaying hooks. I think making one or two of these roll-ups would be a good idea to keep the hooks I'm not using all the time.

I subscribed to Martha Stewart newsletters. Today they had a pencil case made from a place mat. This can be used for a crochet hook case. See the instructions at

http://www.marthastewart.com/269312/roll-up-pencil-kit?xsc=eml_cod_2012_09_08&om_rid=NsqSQd&om_mid=_BQSzP3B8jKBhoz&czone=crafts/craft-of-the-day

This would be inexpensive and easy to make. Buy a placemat at your local Dollar Store.

I made my own with some fabric i had did the same for knitting needles these hold all my favorites and very easy to make ,no pattern just made as I went. The topflap folds over then you just rollit up and tie with the ribbon.

post-63128-135897778173_thumb.jpg

Just thought I'd add that when I take my crocheting project somewhere, I use a hard-covered eyeglass case from the dollar store. It's just the right size for hooks and small scissors. Plus I added a magnetic strip to the inside lid for a large needle. Cheap and simple, and nothing falls out.

I'm all for 'cheap and simple" :yay - I would never have thought of the magnet for a needle. I think I've got an old glasses case that I can use. Thanks!

Archived