Hoots 4 Hearts

TJPam

Hello ladies :)

My sweet nephew Jack was born with a heart defect called Transposition of the Great Arteries. He was born June 12, 2012 and has had 2 open heart surgeries in the first 7 weeks of his life. My sister is forever grateful to Toronto Sick Kids hospital and Ronald McDonald House. She wants to give back, so we came up with the idea of crocheting items to sell. We are naming our charity Hoots 4 Hearts. Owls have great meaning to my sister and Jack's journey.

We only know a few knitters/crocheters and would appreciate any help that we can get. I found this thread and thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone in the Southern Ontario area could make and donate a few items. We'd love to have a few owl items as that is our theme but we'd obviously take anything from hats, scarves, blankets, dish clothes, Christmas ornaments, etc. We'd like to have the items ready to be sold around Christmas time.

I know there are so many charities that need help and believe me, once I'm a pro at crocheting I will definitely return the favour.

With many thanks,

Pam & baby Jack

Archived