do dishcloths go in home decor?

perigrine

hmm..confusing...anyway, I'm sure someone will move it if it belongs elsewhere :clap

I whacked up this dishcloth after reading somewhere that reverse stitches are usually done for edges, because [paraphrased] "you can't crochet over them" - being that I love a challenge (and I didn't see why you cant) I tried it, and did it. It made a lovely, thick knobbly dishcloth with an interesting pattern. I am yet to use it.

crochet004.jpg

I really like the way it looks, and you must have a load of patience, because that stitch is my arch-nemesis! It's so hard!

nah..its not so hard when you realise that you don't have to turn yourself inside out. If its 'going the wrong way' that gets you, remember we chain left to right. You kind of slide the hook to the right and poke though.

I realised I could do it after doing the double chain base stitch wrong. My way ended up with little reverse single crochets over the chains. If that makes sense. Which is also partly why I didn't belive one couldn't crochet over reverse crochet, coz I'd been doing it!

Now the Seraphine Shawl....that is another matter...I'm still waiting for *it* to twig while I turn my head side ways to look at the pictures. :hook

Archived