Scarves, Hats, and Winter Wearables

MrsMcKee

Shoot me your new address

Got it yesterday. I didn't get home until quite late, so I was unable to post last night. Sorry about that.

Thank you so so much for all your generosity! The scarves and hats are lovely. I know they'll be very much appreciated!

I'll post a picture when I get home from work today.

CynCyn, I'm so sorry I haven't gotten the photos posted yet of your donation. I feel like all of this stuff with the new house is taking over my whole life!

I promise I'll post them as soon as I can. I promise all the wonderful hats and scarves are safe and ill be making the first delivery soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much KIM!!!

She sent 4 lovely hats! I've added them to my collection. I'm taking everything to the center this weekend! They are all going to be so happy. :)

You all have done such wonderful work! I'm so thrilled with the support we have received. I took a bunch of photos of all the amazing items this morning so I could post them while at work today. But in my rush out the door this morning, I forgot my personal computer! :(

I do have the iPad with me this morning though, so if I can figure out how to make it work from here, the picture will be up soon. Otherwise, when I get home, I'll do it first thing!

I can't thank you all enough for all of your generous donations. I know sending a couple hats and scarves doesn't seem like a huge deal, but you're changing lives!!

[attach]59239[/attach]

Keep in mind, these photos only reflect your donations. I have several scarves that I've made going in the lot too. But the photos are all from crochetville members!

I also updated the first post with donation totals! :) It's nice to see it all tallied up.

post-61835-13589778148_thumb.jpg

I do have yours Cyn Cyn. Don't worry. I'll post those photos tonight. Not being on the computer, only being able to use the iPad right now is making it difficult to post - it's acting finicky too. I very much apologize for those photos not showing up!

Hi Katie! I'm definitely still collecting! I am taking what we have so far to the shelter today. But I'm still collecting. I'll wait until I have enough again and I'll take those.

Here's CynCyn's donation along with a few of the scarves I've done.

post-61835-135897782014_thumb.jpg

She sent a cowl, a few hooded scarves, a few regular scarves, and hats! Thank you so so much CynCyn!!

Hi Kim! I finally have a box packed and ready to go to you. I'm sorry that it didn't go out last week. I ended up in the hospital again, bleh! The good thing is that I brought my hooks and yarn with me, so I managed to make a couple more things, lol! I think I also recruited some new members for Crochetville! :hook I have to go to the dr's tomorrow morning, so I plan to mail your package on the way home. I hope everything will be ok. :hug

Wonderful! Thank you so much Ann! I'll pm you with my new address. Finally all moved in to the new house! I'm so so sorry to hear you were back in the hospital. I don't like that one bit... hey, I thought I told you to stay away from that place anyway! ;)

GrannyAnnie!!! Thank you so so so much for the box of amazingness!!! You are so so gracious!

Look at all these goodies!!

post-61835-135897782687_thumb.jpg

I can't believe how much you sent!

7 adult hats, 6 child hats, 1 pair of fingerless gloves, 2 baby dresses, 1 baby sweater, 2 baby mittens, 1 pair of baby booties, 2 scarves, 2 round hats, and a baby swaddle. That's 25 items just from this angel!

You, GrannyAnnie, are truly amazing!! I can't thank you enough. I know all the women at the shelter would thank you immensely too.

I will update the totals on the front page! :) They're about to skyrocket! :)

You made my day!!

Ps- thank you for the lovely square for my friendship ghan too! It's perfect!! :)

GrannyAnnie!!! Thank you so so so much for the box of amazingness!!! You are so so gracious!

Look at all these goodies!!

[ATTACH]59442[/ATTACH]

I can't believe how much you sent!

7 adult hats, 6 child hats, 1 pair of fingerless gloves, 2 baby dresses, 1 baby sweater, 2 baby mittens, 1 pair of baby booties, 2 scarves, 2 round hats, and a baby swaddle. That's 25 items just from this angel!

You, GrannyAnnie, are truly amazing!! I can't thank you enough. I know all the women at the shelter would thank you immensely too.

I will update the totals on the front page! :) They're about to skyrocket! :)

You made my day!!

Ps- thank you for the lovely square for my friendship ghan too! It's perfect!! :)

Hurray, they got there! And early at that! The post office told me they wouldn't get there until tomorrow! :clap I'm so glad that you like everything. It was my pleasure to help you out. :hug

I'm obsessed with the light purplish scarf (top left of picture). It's soooo soft and cozy, and the pattern is just gorgeous!!

If you happened to find the pattern for that one online, could you please share it its me?? I'd love to make one of my own. I'm really not exaggerating when I say I'm obsessed with it. It's just so beautiful! I know whoever gets it at the shelter will feel very special! :)

If you were directing that question at me, I think this is what you're looking for! Sorry, my mind just isn't with it this past week, :lol

Ruffle Scarf It was fun and easy to make, but I did use more yarn than she says the pattern calls for. I used CSS and I'm guessing it took about 8 oz.

Yes! That's it! Thanks Ann. As soon as I'm done with the scarf on my hook, I am going to make that one. Just love it.

Thanks again for your amazingly generous donation! I'm taking them to the shelter on Sunday. :)

I took all your amazing donations to the shelter this weekend.

THEY. WERE. THRILLED!!!

I had to use three big boxes to get everything in. The volunteer coordinator was almost in tears as she went through the boxes and ooh'd and awe'd. She said they have 11 children at the shelter right now. And guess how many child hats You all made?? 11!! It's like you all just knew and secretly coordinated amongst yourselves. Amazing. I love when things come together so well like that.

The coordinator said all the residents have been asking for hats. The timing on this project is going perfectly. This weekend was our first big cold snap. It was 46 degrees yesterday morning. Driving into work this morning, my car temperature said 42 degrees. Brrrrrr!! We're not used to that here in Houston. That's why this project is so important to me.

The women at the shelter leave in the middle of the night. Not thinking about clothes for different seasons. They're just trying to protect themselves and their children. 2 weeks ago, it was 90 degrees here. This morning, it's 42 degrees. The women in the shelter don't have the means to just run to Target and get hats and scarves to keep warm.

And now they won't have to. They'll all be outfitted in your generous donations!

I took a photo of all the items laid out before I packed them up. I had to stack them in categories because there'd be no way I'd get it all in one shot if everything was separated. The kid scarves are a bit hard to see because the top one is dark. But they're next to the adult ones.

Thank you all so much for making my dreams with this charity come true!

I'll still be collecting through the winter months. I'll take another load of items once I get some more in.

post-61835-135897784364_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived