My crocodile stitch purses...

scrappinmagic

I've made 3 so far...first 2 sold and have yarn for a 4th one waiting to hit my crochet hook....

A fat quarter was just enough material to line them with leaving a bit extra for something else.

post-42393-135897770603_thumb.jpg

post-42393-135897770606_thumb.jpg

post-42393-135897770609_thumb.jpg

post-42393-135897770612_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to say that your purses are absolutely beautiful!

What a small world it is. My husband and children and I lived in Williston for years. We moved away in 2007 after my mother-in-law died. Much of his family still lives there.

I love these. I like making my own purses; mine are usually done by sewing. I have never crocheted one, but I believe I see one in the future. Yours are absolutely beautiful.

Just wanted to say that your purses are absolutely beautiful!

What a small world it is. My husband and children and I lived in Williston for years. We moved away in 2007 after my mother-in-law died. Much of his family still lives there.

Thank you! It is a small world!

What part of town do they live in? We are directly across from the middle school on Main Street.

Very beautiful purses!! Great lining!! I've been working on a crocodile stitch purse....it's taking me a while.....I don't know why, but the way I hold it to crochet is really hurting my hand. I'm thinking because the stitch is so "fat" and my hands are small??:think (The first time I crocheted a purse, I went to Wal-Mart(ready to show off my creation), when I went to set my purse down on the shopping cart....my keys were poking out of the stitches, my pen was ready to fall out. Since then I "have" to line all of my bags, purses, totes, etc. I also add pockets......if just adding the lining is a chore for me, the pockets make it a real chore......but so worth it when done!! :)

Oh they are beautiful! Spent a few years in Williston....North Dakota instead of Florida though. Could you post where you found the pattern?

I got the pattern from Mikey at The Crochet Crowd....he made a larger beach bag. Once you know the multiples, you can make any size. These are made with a starting chain of 54 stitches.

It's a free pattern...

http://thecrochetcrowd.com/crocodile-on-the-beach-bag.html

Very pretty! I'm really impressed at your ability to put liners in :)

That's one thing that I don't do well. I DEFINITELY need more practice.

thank you!

These are my first with liners! This pattern needs some kind of lining because it leaves very large holes...which are okay for a larger tote/beach bag where you don't put small items in.

Thank you, EVERYONE! I don't have but a few minutes on here and can't post individual thank you's to all. I appreciate your great comments and thank you for taking the time to look!

• 2 weeks later...

Ohhhhh, those are so beautiful! I love everything about them, the colors, the pattern, the stitch you used, the lining, the buttons, everything! You have a real winner there!!

:cheer :cheer :hook:clap :clap :hug

Oh they are beautiful! Spent a few years in Williston....North Dakota instead of Florida though. Could you post where you found the pattern?

Janni, I lived up in Dickinson, ND for 20 years! Have you seen and/or heard about all the changes in Williston? Hope you were able to cash in on the big oil boom when you moved and if you sold your home. North Dakota is a wonderful state, isn't it? We're down in New Mexico now. I sure miss those "You betcha" smiles! Here in NM I don't need as much in the way of afghans now, but thread crochet and purses are always in style!

:hook:hug:hook

It is, but the pattern for the purse is on Bernat website

I just used what Mikey had and did my own size using his multiples of 6 stitches. Didn't follow any actual pattern after that.

Archived