Jump to content
  • 0

Butterfly Stitch


Today I saw a beautiful Afghan and I would love the pattern. The gal that made said she did it years ago and thinks it's called a butterfly stitch. Here are two pictures of what i am looking for.






Edited by Milosmom
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

It is a block of (by my count) 7 dc, alternating with the openwork block. it is 3 rows high. As far as I can tell, on row 1 and 2 of the openwork you do 7 chains. On row three you do 3 chains then probably a triple, where you yarn over twice, then insert the hook into the top row of the solid block beneath the open section you are now on, pull up a long loop there, and complete the triple.

the corners look like a standard solid granny. I can't quite see the center because of the watermark, but probably it starts out like a solid granny for a few rows before you start adding the openwork.


It is a variation of a kind of stitch also called spider or spiderweb.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...