AngelRoseLite

Lover's Knot Shrug

This pattern worked up in less than three hours. It's for my 15-year-old niece that's returning to Arizona this weekend. It waited almost a year before I got to it. lol. It was so fast and easy that I really should have made it a long time ago. If you would like to try it, here's the link to the informal, loose pattern instructions: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=35101.10. There's a great two-part tutorial that starts here: http://youtu.be/GEFXT35C_TE. Part 2 is listed at the end of the Part 1 video.

Tip: The multiple is 4+2, i.e., crochet enough chains to closely measure the width you want in multiples of 4, and then add 2 more chains.

When I finished the very last row and was ready to turn, I crochet one more love knot to turn instead of the two, then 4 chains, an sc in the middle sc of the two knots, 3 chains, an sc again, 3 chains, until the end, crocheted a chain, turned, and sc'd to the end. I then ended up with the same amount of sc's in the last row as the first row. Seaming the ends for the armholes was much easier that way.

Enjoy :)

post-44469-135897771413_thumb.jpg

post-44469-135897771417_thumb.jpg

Edited by AngelRoseLite

looks good. I have never got the hang of that stitch.

Very pretty!

Gorgeous!! That stitch has been on my "to do" list for a few yrs. now!!

Very nice!

It's beautiful and would love to make one. I have tried this stitch before and gave up as my knots wern't even. thanks for the links and your info

Beautiful! Great job mastering the stitch!