I have the work luck with knitting

dragonchick19

Oh I most certainly did! I have been trying for years, and kept giving up.

Then one day I went to my LYS (who makes LOVELY knitted gifts) and told her that I just can't seem to get it. I explained to her my trouble and she was able to show me exactly what I was doing wrong. Since then, I have been getting better and better.

Do you have a LYS or someone good at knitting who can spend some time with you? Cuz that's exactly what I needed. And now I LOVE knitting.

Best wishes to you!

P.S. If it's an issue you can explain, you should post it here so maybe one of us can help you. Also, check out youtube. I found a LOT of assistance there, too. ;)

Also remember--there are a whole lot of different ways to knit. If one way doesn't work, try another until you find something that works for YOU.

Many people who crochet find that Continental works best because you're holding the yarn in your left hand (if you're right-handed.) I have a friend who knits shepherdess style, with really long needles that she holds under one arm. Most people around me knit English and look at me funny because I knit continental-combined (or whatever it's called this week.) The important thing to remember is that all of the knitting comes out the same :) Knittinghelp.com has a lot of good videos of different styles.

I agree with Becky; the knitting help videos are great. You can just keep watching them over and over while copying what she's doing until you get it. I knit continental combined, too, and this is what I did when I wanted to teach myself English style (but still continental because my right hand is incapable of holding the yarn; it just can't do it). My advice is to get some nice, light colored yarn, like ecru or off white, to practice, because it's easier to see your stitches and where you're supposed to put the needle or wrap the yarn with light yarn. And just keep plugging away--no one learned to swim or crochet or even walk instantly, it's just that you may not remember all the stumbles along the way.

Archived