July Charity CAL ~ 7/19 - 7/24

Skysmom

I finished up a hat today and I am hoping a few squares by Tuesday.....life is busy this weekend!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the baby blanket I finished - it's in RHSS Honeydew, though it doesn't look much like it.

I've also included a photo of two WIPs. The blue/purple one is the one I will finish during the rest of this CAL. I only have two of the wide bands to go, so it will be easy enough to finish up. It's a fast pattern. I said I would post pics of the pattern on another CAL - it's my new favorite pattern - so I thought I would include it here. I doubt I will be able to get a pic of the finished lapghan before the CAL ends.

post-39480-135897769492_thumb.jpg

post-39480-135897769496_thumb.jpg

I finished up a hat today and I am hoping a few squares by Tuesday.....life is busy this weekend!

Just think how much crocheting we could do if everyday things didn't get in the way! :wink My dream is to have just one week away from home with my friends, yarn and hooks. Maybe someday. :)

Here's the baby blanket I finished - it's in RHSS Honeydew, though it doesn't look much like it.

I've also included a photo of two WIPs. The blue/purple one is the one I will finish during the rest of this CAL. I only have two of the wide bands to go, so it will be easy enough to finish up. It's a fast pattern. I said I would post pics of the pattern on another CAL - it's my new favorite pattern - so I thought I would include it here. I doubt I will be able to get a pic of the finished lapghan before the CAL ends.

Beautiful work! :clap I love the blue and purple colors together. The Honeydew afghan looks very soft and soothing.

I was gone from 9 til 5 today for a family get together. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a crochet day for me. :)

Beautiful afghans.

I think I have 7 squares finished now.

Lots of hats and squares rolling out. Good work!

I have four more rows to go on the blue/purple afghan and the border. Since I'm off work tomorrow, I should be able to finish it easily. If not, I'm off Tuesday too, and have tonight after work. If I can't finish a few rows in that much time, I need to turn in my hook!

I'm late to the party but wanted you all to know that I've been working on hats for the Warmth for Warrior project. I got one wool ribbed helmet hat done yesterday and started another one last night.

Lots of hats and squares rolling out. Good work!

I have four more rows to go on the blue/purple afghan and the border. Since I'm off work tomorrow, I should be able to finish it easily. If not, I'm off Tuesday too, and have tonight after work. If I can't finish a few rows in that much time, I need to turn in my hook!

Donna ~ You're so close to finishing! :cheer

I'm late to the party but wanted you all to know that I've been working on hats for the Warmth for Warrior project. I got one wool ribbed helmet hat done yesterday and started another one last night.

Hi Cindy. It's never too late! We're glad you're here. :)

Gonna send some squares to CrochetCleaveland. Some I did some my nana did. One I started earlier today. Gonna try and send um out tomorrow.

That's great! Do you crochet with your nana often?

I've nearly finished the scarf. :hook My crochet time has been limited this weekend, but hope to have more time tomorrow and/or Tuesday!

I just finished a 2nd wool hat tonight. Here are the two hats I've gotten done so far. I'm going to start a third hat now using this hat pattern with the FPDC stitches but you want to follow the variation in the comments to make sure you get a men sized hat. Both of these are for helmet caps so they are not as long as regular hats with a brim.

post-10977-135897769843_thumb.jpg

post-10977-135897769847_thumb.jpg

Congrats to everyone and your progress. It's always so fun to hear and see all the wonderful charity crafting that is going on in this thread each month. :hook

Recycle Cindy

your hats for the Warmth for Warriors project will be so appreciated.

I finished hat # 5 (80 hats) and thats where I stop for hats till Fridays ancient games of Greece

I will be doing squares Monday and Tuesday

I started out doing great, making three washcloths --- then I gave them away to some sweet girls/ ladies who come in and eat where I work. They were supposed to be for Warmth for Warriors, but something in my heart said to give the washcloths to them... so I did. I'm not sure if these "three" will count, but in my heart - they do!

Anyhow, I've gotten behind over the weekend. Was sick in bed all day yesterday with a migraine and have been in a lot of pain due to chronic illness. I'm out and running errands today, yarn in tow, so hopefully I'll be able to get more washcloths done.

The pictures and progress everyone has been posting is so encouraging. So many people are going to be blessed and I know all of our hearts have been blessed in the process too!

Keep up the great work everyone we only have one more day to go!

Good Morning. :) Lots of crocheting going on! :clap

Cindy ~ Your hats look great! I really like the pattern with the post stitches, too. Thanks for the picture and the link, too!:manyheart

pineknott ~ Wow! 5 hats with a total of 80 is awesome. :yay

purples ~ Giving the washcloths away was so sweet. Random acts of kindness are so special...for all involved! And yes, I think they should be counted! :manyheart

Need to get busy, so I can crochet later!

Recycle Cindy

your hats for the Warmth for Warriors project will be so appreciated.

I finished hat # 5 (80 hats) and thats where I stop for hats till Fridays ancient games of Greece

I will be doing squares Monday and Tuesday

Wow 5 hats is wonderful progress in just a few days. :clap I did finish hat #3 late last night. I'm thinking of either doing a few washcloths for the troops to give me a break from hat making. I do have enough wool to do at least one or two more hats from that skein of Lion Brand fisherman's wool. I was surprised that has so many knots. I have already come across 4 knots in the skein. I haven't bought this brand of yarn or quality of wool before and was surprised it has so many knots.

Purples -- What a wonderful kind gesture to give the girls those washcloths. I think it should count for sure towards your accomplishments this charity week. Hope you are feeling better and can crochet more cloths today. :crocheting I think I will do a few cloths myself today for a change of pace from crocheting the wool hats for the soldiers.

had a bad nite,today I feel like hammered jello

so I'm just sitting very still and tucking all the hat ends under,2 more to go

Hammered Jello??? Youch... So sorry, but sending you Yarn Soft Hugs :hug

That's great! Do you crochet with your nana often?

She's the one that taught me to crochet. We used to crochet all the time together. Now though she dosn't much crochet any more. The squares she did are from years ago. I wish she would start back. Maybe then I could get rid of all this yarn I got. :D

Cindy ~ Oh, it's always frustrating when there are knots to deal with! I haven't used that yarn, but wool usually makes me itch. ;) Way to go on finishing 3 hats. :hook

pineknott ~ Feel better very soon. :hug

krazycrocheter ~ My grandma knitted and crocheted, but I learned from an aunt. :) And I have way too much yarn, too! :lol

One scarf finished and I hope to start another this evening. I'm also working on a baby 'ghan, but am not sure if it's a gift or for charity yet.

One scarf finished and I hope to start another this evening. I'm also working on a baby 'ghan, but am not sure if it's a gift or for charity yet.

Great job on getting a scarf completed. :cheer

I got two facecloths crocheted today. I might make one more before switching back to another wool helmet cap. I just needed a break from the wool. It's a bit scratchy.

Good Morning. :flower

Great job on getting a scarf completed. :cheer

I got two facecloths crocheted today. I might make one more before switching back to another wool helmet cap. I just needed a break from the wool. It's a bit scratchy.

Great progress, Cindy. :hook What size do you make your facecloths?

yesterday I got 6 squares done

have the dreaded dentist appt. today

Wow - you always accomplish so much! :clap Good luck at the dentist. :manyheart

I will be babysitting for my grandson this a.m., but hope to crochet this afternoon! Have a great morning. :)

Good Morning. :flower

Great progress, Cindy. :hook What size do you make your facecloths?

I will be babysitting for my grandson this a.m., but hope to crochet this afternoon! Have a great morning. :)

I used a H (5 mm) hook and they come out about 7 inches long. Good luck with the babysitting and I hope you get lots of crocheting in. I'm off to the big city to take Mom to a doctor's appt so I'm taking my wool to work on hat #4 which I hope I can get done today.

Ladies - I am so sorry I missed this completely. My mind has been elsewhere for at least two weeks. I'll send myself a reminder for next month.

Congrats to all the participants and to those who receive your gifts of love. :manyheart

Archived