Dumplin Designs - Cupcake Corner & Lollipop Lane Doll Patterns

Braxxi

Question

I was wondering if anyone out there has the 24 patterns that made up the Lollipop Lane and Cupcake Corner dolls from the 1980's. I would like clean originals that I might borrow and return.

14 answers to this question

I just saw your post about having patterns. Please see my post for inquiry. I stumbled onto this website today while searching for doll patterns. I found the names, but now am trying to find patterns. If you can email the patterns, please let me know and I will send you my email. Thank you.

I know this might be a long shot but if i can borrow those patterns it would be great. I had some of these dolls back when i was younger and would love to make them for my kids. And i would like to know is there a crochet version of the head & hands? I rather crochet the head & hands.

Thx lots of ❤❤ love Sharon. (I know this is an old post but i am taking a chance)

Hello Kimberly and welcome to the 'ville!  I am so sorry about your devastating fire.

Sorry I can't help with the patterns, but you might want to edit your post to say 'send me a private message' and delete your e-mail.  Anybody on the 'net can see your address (including spammers), not just members.

I think something is wrong about asking for "borrowing & returning" PAID patterns?. Isn't that the same like asking to use them without paying for them?.

Maybe I just misunderstood??

Krys

I really don't see anything wrong with borrowing and returning patterns. You do just that when you check out a book--pattern or novel--from the library. We frequently loan history books and novels to friends so why not patterns. Then if it's a novel or pattern you like and want to re-read or use repeatedly you can buy it yourself.

I think when the designer agrees to publish her/his patterns free of charge that library "thing" is fine. Or if the patterns are old that maybe that designer is no longer around to make that decision. 

But if that designer want to charge money for her/his work and those patterns are for sale (not free).  I think that is wrong to ask someone to just share that pattern. I even think there is a law agains that.

Now, don't you think that would make sense?. Lets say, you would design an item and wrote a pattern for that. And you did put a lot of work & time to that and you would want to be paid by everyone & anyone who want to use your work. You would deserved that would you?.  And for people trying to go around NOT to pay for your work and try to use that?. How would you feel about that?. You probably would not like that. You probably and rightfully so would feel that your work is being stolen (by not want to pay) by some people. That is why, that is illegal.

Krys

Greyhoundgrandma is right, nothing illegal or unethical about it .

It doesn't violate copyright, which is the right of the author to control/get paid for each copy.  If Greyhoundgrandma(GG) bought a book, the author gets paid and all is well.  GG could give it away, sell or lend it -- what she cannot do is make copies and sell or give them away, or post it on the internet (same as making a zillion copies).

Edit because Krys and I posted at the same time - you may not like it, but it's not illegal (sorry, not trying to be mean or anything, I get it that 'ethical' and 'legal' aren't always in agreement).  The law is all about the 1 copy that the author sells; once she is sold it that one physical copy can be lent any number of times, or the pages torn out of the book and be used as birdcage liner.  What is illegal is for the buyer of that 1 purchased copy of a pattern/book to make a photocopy or digital copy and give or sell the copy to someone else. They can give the original away, but not make a copy and keep the original.

Yes in a way you are right. I know "GG" could sell that book or give that away.

I just do not think "GG" can make a copy's and send that all over to dozens or even more  people on Internet who ever ask's for that. All that so called "Borrowing" here,  amounts to the same.

I think that is the same thing like it was about copping a music disk.

Krys

No one have to be not even very smart to understand what is going on here. That is not about borrowing a books with a lot of patterns (cost for all of that would amount to a lot of $$). And paying for shipping back & fourth just to look at those patterns without making a COPY'S of ALL that?? & sending that back to that owner LOL.  

And I do not think that got anything to do with any so called "borrowing" & paying for shipping's.

Those people know that is the legal aproach here to find out who got all those patterns they want and is willing to "share" for exchange to get another pattern (copy) back from that person. Read above what those people wrote to each other. Once "they" find each other here.. they are most likely just get their email addresses thru PM and they email/sent each other a copy's of all those patterns they were looking for.

My second question would be: " WHO would be even considering sending their patterns what they paid for to someone from Internet they do not even know" ??. How would they know IF they would get all their patterns back??. They would not know & they would not sent their original patterns  to any stranger from Internet.

Unless someone would want to give that away for free. BUT, they would probably prefer to advertise here as a "giveaway".  BUT, we are not talking about any giveaway's here.

I could understand sharing a pattern with family member or a friend.

BUT, posting on Internet like here looking for a freebe protenting that is something else (calling that "borowing") as long that will sound legal here, that is just wrong!. One way or another on the end they all just want to end up with a free copy's of those patterns!. 

That all so called "borrowing" what started happening in this post that is just a legal way to cover up the exchange of copy's of the patterns. That is the way for "them"  to get  a chance to find out who have  those patterns? & who will want to make a "deal" with them? - exchanging copy's of paid patterns.

Designers would be selling a lot more of their patterns & probably they would want to design more.. IF all those people will not be doing all that "steeling". If someone wants a pattern that is for sale it needs to buy - pay for that.  If "you" do not want to pay for someone work to use that, you probably should give up on that. 

There is a LOT of FREE patterns on Internet. Why not look there..?

Krys 

Archived