Sign in to follow this  
Afghaniac

Placemat obsession in white this time

This pattern is addictive, no doubt. Making these whenever I get bored with current afghan. Green, yellow, now white -- running out of colors. . . however, I have a friend who loves pink things . . .

The photo tells me I need to do a little light blocking.

post-1473-135897767652_thumb.jpg

Well, this post and your others convinced me to get the book. I just bought it on Ebay. Now the wait begins!

Yours are just beautiful. Great job and thanks for sharing.

I too, love this pattern! I happened upon this book in a second hand store yesterday, in excellent condition, for $1.50. I was smiling from ear to ear all the way home. Have just finished my first one. Many more will follow! post-40359-135897767661_thumb.jpg

I too, love this pattern! I happened upon this book in a second hand store yesterday, in excellent condition, for $1.50. I was smiling from ear to ear all the way home. Have just finished my first one. Many more will follow! [ATTACH]56876[/ATTACH]

Your green mat looks lovely. I think I got my book for about a buck years ago at a resale shop, so I can relate. Where I live now, I never see bargain vintage crochet books.

Love them all, have the book and plan to make some of my own soon, I hope.

what book?

found it on amazon for a penny! ordered, thanks for sharing, that placemat is just adorable!

Edited by rscowtown

Beautiful.

I too, love this pattern! I happened upon this book in a second hand store yesterday, in excellent condition, for $1.50. I was smiling from ear to ear all the way home. Have just finished my first one. Many more will follow! [ATTACH]56876[/ATTACH]

Great work on that placemat and awesome deal on that book! I was able to check out a copy at my local library, but alas, will have to give it back in another 2 weeks. LOL

This pattern is addictive, no doubt. Making these whenever I get bored with current afghan. Green, yellow, now white -- running out of colors. . . however, I have a friend who loves pink things . . .

The photo tells me I need to do a little light blocking.

I love that white against the dark wood of your table. This set looks just as great as the others. :)

Very nice!

Great work on that placemat and awesome deal on that book! I was able to check out a copy at my local library, but alas, will have to give it back in another 2 weeks. LOL

You can probably legally make a copy of that pattern for your own use before you return the book. It's a nice book, but I think that's the only pattern I'm likely to use, since I don't do much thread work. It had sat neglected on my shelf for about 10 years, I think.

Thanks, everybody. I don't think I'll bore you with posting any more of these placemats, :hooksince I there's such a limited range of colors available in inexpensive cotton worsted yarn.

You can probably legally make a copy of that pattern for your own use before you return the book. It's a nice book, but I think that's the only pattern I'm likely to use, since I don't do much thread work. It had sat neglected on my shelf for about 10 years, I think.

After 10 years I guess you're just making up for lost time with all that you've made so far. :hook

If I understand copyright law correctly, I could make a copy while I have the book in my possession, but I would have to destroy that copy when I return the book... Maybe someone else will have better insight on that one.

But it will be there another time if I ever get the nerve or gumption to make that Filet Rose doily! LOL It was the only other pattern in the book I went mad over.

As for the placemats, I'm always reverse engineering one thing or another... so I'll always be able to make more (for myself of course!) :rofl