Deck the Halls CAL

I wish I could find a local group! There don't seem to be any other crocheters here in my little corner of Ohio... I'm sure there are, they're just too busy crocheting to come out and play. LOL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have my Christmas file I printed out this week.....I have several scraps so I may get started on the string of lights this weekend. I think I can do partial potholder too. I was in Hobby Lobby last week and they have what I thought as glitter cotton. I was thinking for the outside of the cotton potholder.

I've seen that. I think I actually might have a skein of it my stash... It would definitely have to be used on the outside, but it would look very festive. :)

I think I'm finally decided what I will make first since I absolutely cannot find the round ornaments I wanted to crochet over... I just came across this site the other day and fell in love. It's the same RR tree skirt pattern from here on the ville. I would never have thought to use fun fur to "dress it up" like that. Now I just need to decide if I like the traditional green & red colors better, or the blue wintery/icy looking one. I think I may go traditional for this year. Now I just have to hunt up my fun fur stash... :lol

I've seen that. I think I actually might have a skein of it my stash... It would definitely have to be used on the outside, but it would look very festive. :)

I think I'm finally decided what I will make first since I absolutely cannot find the round ornaments I wanted to crochet over... I just came across this site the other day and fell in love. It's the same RR tree skirt pattern from here on the ville. I would never have thought to use fun fur to "dress it up" like that. Now I just need to decide if I like the traditional green & red colors better, or the blue wintery/icy looking one. I think I may go traditional for this year. Now I just have to hunt up my fun fur stash... :lol

Wow, those tree skirts are awesome!!!!! I don't have fun fur, but I need to go check it out!!! I think if I do it and can find it, I would love to do purple and silver like the blue and white one.

I haven't decided what I am doing first, but I know that I want to make stockings for my three nephews up north (those are for Christmas gifts, though, so guess they don't count!) Guess I will have to look around a bit more and see what I want to do first, seen lots I want to do, just haven't figured out what is first. I sometimes wish I had more hands, so I could work on more than one project at a time and actually get them done!!

• 2 weeks later...

I found a free popcorn pattern!!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/popcorn-garland

I started my granny square afghan, dh like this one better, says it's more Christmas-y

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/christmas-granny-afghan

Right now I just started the Olympic Games so this project is on hold.....I did get the 70 grannies done with red and green....whew!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was ROAK'd the reindeer I've wanted....I"m so anxious to get going on it!! He is sooo CUTE!!

I think if I do it and can find it, I would love to do purple and silver like the blue and white one.

I was thinking the exact same thing! Purple is my favorite color. :)

But I did end up starting the red and green one because I had enough of those colors to make a skirt big enough for my tree, but still ended up running into trouble. I will talk more about that tomorrow and post pics, etc..

I haven't decided what I am doing first, but I know that I want to make stockings for my three nephews up north (those are for Christmas gifts, though, so guess they don't count!)

You can still post them here! We would love to see them :)

I found a free popcorn pattern!!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/popcorn-garland

I started my granny square afghan, dh like this one better, says it's more Christmas-y

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/christmas-granny-afghan

Right now I just started the Olympic Games so this project is on hold.....I did get the 70 grannies done with red and green....whew!!

OOoh, thank you for the link Smith! I wouldn't have bought the other one because it is unlikely that I would actually make it, especially not enough of them to wrap around my 6ft tree!

That christmas 'ghan is pretty. :hook

Has anyone gotten started on a project yet? I know a lot of people are probably doing the Crochet Games of Ancient Greece right now. I decided not to join. Just too many irons in the fire right now. :hook

I did get started on my tree skirt. I chose Lisa's Round Ripple Tree Skirt pattern from here on the 'ville, using color inspiration from the Christmas Fascination blog. I absolutely love how it turned out, but there is one problem. I ran out of fun fur! One skein didn't go nearly as far as I thought it would. I knew it wouldn't make 2 rnds but I was hoping for at least one. :(

So if I can't dig up a scrap of the fun fur, I think I might be able to get away with some creative arranging or a strategically placed gift. :lol

post-19997-135897771981_thumb.jpg

Thank you Charis! I'm going to Erie tomorrow where there are more shops, hopefully I'll be able to find some fun fur in the right color, but I have the feeling that color might have been discontinued. :(

Archived