Neutrals Sampler

Afghaniac

This was fun. Made from leftover yarn -- mostly background neutral colors used for other afghans. At 4x6 feet, it got out of control, and I don't know what I'll do with it.

Several of the squares were used in a previous sampler I posted here, but among the new ones shown in closeups are April Moreland's "Mum's the Word" and Julie Yeager's "Big Flower" and "Cathedral Window." Any one of these would make a great cusion cover, too.

The border is from one of my very favorite books, Edie Eckman's "Around the Corner Crochet Borders." If I hadn't wanted to make a wide border, the whole thing would have been done from scraps. But I love her interesting borders, so I sprang for a skein of new yarn.

post-1473-135897767502_thumb.jpg

post-1473-135897767505_thumb.jpg

post-1473-135897767509_thumb.jpg

post-1473-135897767512_thumb.jpg

post-1473-135897767515_thumb.jpg

Very nice! I've been thinking that eventually I would use all my neutral leftovers in something. I'm glad to see an example that turned out so beautifully.

Oops, just realized one of the squares is not Mum's the Word. It's actually "In Treble." It's the last photo. Though I did use Mum, too, and love it. Who needs crochet magazines when we have all these creative people online generously sharing their designs!

Thanks, y'all, for all your nice comments.

Archived