Zip Top Crochet Purse!

kuddlekubs

Hi! I made another Tic Tac Tote by April Moreland (hi April!) in what I call the Guatemala look......a friend wanted the bag but must have a zip top. I can not stand the way you have to put the zip in the liner and try to sew it then to the bag.....but I found instructions on line with a gal showing how you pin and sew the zip in first then sew the lining over (of course she didn't talk about the handles so those I sewed on the outside before adding the lining) and it worked! This purse rocks!

However it ended up being too small for my friend (uh she carries all but the kitchen sink!) so it will either be mine (but I have one, just no zip top) or give it as a gift.....or......

As long as you keep the zip teeth above that final row, and pin carefully, this works like a charm! I LOVE IT!

Thanks for looking! I gave you a peek of the inside using the rest of my 'guatemala' fabric, two patterns, lots of pockets......

kuddles

post-17419-135897767421_thumb.jpg

post-17419-135897767425_thumb.jpg

The bag is stunning! Doesn't your friend want to pare down the things she carries so she can use this bag? Wow!

very beautiful

time to sleep it is 02:20 am here in sweden now..

The bag looks GREAT! Can't understand why she would turn it down. Does she always have to carry that much stuff around? I'm not a female, so I really have no clue as to what women feel are important things to keep in their purses/bags.

I've made bags of all sorts of shapes/sizes and have never had anyone turn down the bag. Just seems so strange to not want such a pretty bag.

Jeez Mary Ann, I can't keep up with you any more. You are just churning these things out left and right!! LOL I do love the colors on this one. You should put in your projects on Ravelry. I'd love to feature it on the main pattern page. :)

Thanks again everyone!

Knotty - she insists she needs all in her purse! I agree with you!

April honey, when I have a sec, I'll get the pics posted for ya! LOVE your bag better than any other I've tried!

kuddles

Archived