Fair Season 2012 CAL

purples

I had been contemplate our county fair (I have tons of stuff made this year). I saw this thread and it motivated me to check out the apps and rules. They are in pdf format and I got to download them just before the storm hit last night and I had to shut down.

I will go through it today and if I decide I want to do it, I will be back.

Good luck everyone, in case I don't get back.

I checked this morning, and I have won 7 first prizes, 5 second prizes and 1 third! I'm so happy!

:manyheart

I found this thread a little late. my county fair is going on now. entries were to be taken in 8/2/12. I entered 7 items, won 4 ribbons 1 blue, 2 reds, 1 white. I am so excited. my first fair. 1 of the 4 winners was knit. will post picks when I get my items back on sunday. have to start planning for next year lol much fun.

I found this thread a little late. my county fair is going on now. entries were to be taken in 8/2/12. I entered 7 items, won 4 ribbons 1 blue, 2 reds, 1 white. I am so excited. my first fair. 1 of the 4 winners was knit. will post picks when I get my items back on sunday. have to start planning for next year lol much fun.

How AWESOME!!! Congrats!!!

• 2 weeks later...

How AWESOME!!! Congrats!!!

Thank you. I received a pleasant surprise when I went to pic up my items on Sunday..... I actually had won 5 ribbons. I one a second place ribbon on a baby afghan...overall very good experience I will definitely enter again next year. Here is a pic of the entries:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-uyHDYwOHhas/UCAch_m7OtI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/XHukYYI3A0E/s1600/HPIM1804.JPG

This sweetheart ripple is going to KILL me!!! It seems like I work and work and work and get nowhere!! I just counted rows and I'm only at row 56 out of 158 rows!! I need to have the crocheting done in 1 month so I have the week prior to the deadline for entries to wash, block and get the blanket ready to display!

• 4 weeks later...

Not finished without pictures :rofl

Ok the 2 afghans I posted and the shawl are not done. So they didn't get into the fair. Why???? WIP-itis...I have to many WIP and then start new ones :lol

So what DID I enter...

wooleater I started last. Christmas afghan that I finished last spring. A hat I made a few weeks ago, another hat I made a week ago and the last hat I made the night before..ok 2am the morning of it going in :lol I don't even have a picture of that one :P

Here is an unfinished pic of the Christmas afghanhttp://images4.ravelrycache.com/uploads/FrLopLady/91120959/Christmas_RR_medium2.jpg

post-35596-135897777459_thumb.jpg

post-35596-135897777463_thumb.jpg

post-35596-135897777467_thumb.jpg

Not finished without pictures :rofl

Ok the 2 afghans I posted and the shawl are not done. So they didn't get into the fair. Why???? WIP-itis...I have to many WIP and then start new ones :lol

So what DID I enter...

wooleater I started last. Christmas afghan that I finished last spring. A hat I made a few weeks ago, another hat I made a week ago and the last hat I made the night before..ok 2am the morning of it going in :lol I don't even have a picture of that one :P

Here is an unfinished pic of the Christmas afghanhttp://images4.ravelrycache.com/uploads/FrLopLady/91120959/Christmas_RR_medium2.jpg

all of your items are very lovely. I think everyone should know by now I kinda partial to round ripples, love the holiday feel of that one. I am also really liking your wool eater....I am gonna do that one some time before the fair here next year. I have so many ideas already, wip itis is giving me fits right now I have one wreath, 3 afghans, on baby hat, one half a pair of finger less gloves, two shawls, and that's just what I am currently stitching, there are still a few things hibernating and lots more ideas floating around in my head. There just aren't enough hours in a day, and I could really use an extra pair of hands to help with the stitching, lol:D

I feel bad having to post this, but I'm going to have to pull out of this CAL --- even though I started it. I won't be able to compete in my local fair this year because I won't be in town to enter my items. I've had a family emergency come up and I'm flying out of town today and not returning until the night on the last day the items are due. Life has gotten in the way of the my crochet and I've barely crocheted much lately.

I'm flying with my yarn and supplies, with my goal to make chemo hats and things. A close family member of mine is losing his battle with brain cancer.

Keep up the awesome work and I'm sorry I won't be able to participate in this CAL :(

well I checked out my additions to the fair this year. My first time entering and I'm quite pleased!

Yay!!! I'm still bummed that after all of my hard work that I couldn't enter because of family circumstances causing me to miss my entry times, but I still want to go and see the other pieces submitted.

Posted from Crochetville.org App for Android

well I checked out my additions to the fair this year. My first time entering and I'm quite pleased!

How wonderful!!!!

I'm taking my entries today! I've decided to enter 4 items and my DD is entering a hat she made. My entries are my sweetheart ripple, Tunisian scarf, dragon hat, and converse baby booties. I'm so excited to see how they will do, but won't know until October how I did!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't get good pics of my fair entries with their ribbons, BUT I got first place on all 4 items!!!!

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1349132172.jpg

And my DD got first place AND Youth Best of Show for her ear flap beanie!!!!

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1349132007.jpg

Archived