Yarn Mystery Bags

yarn_monkey

I've seen these bags for sale from various places- Craftsy, Herschnerr's (I'm sure I spelled that wrong! I always do!) but I'm always nervous about putting out the money, even though I love a good surprise! That's why I love the swaps so much...

Anyway, has anyone ever purchased one (or more) of these? Are they worth the money? I know they always say they're valued at much higher, but it could all be Fun Fur and then I'll be mad because I know the sticker price is much higher than what I would pay for a skein of it (like a nickel. Can't stand the stuff!! Lol)

I'm just always so curious, but I wanted to know others' thoughts first! :think

• 4 weeks later...
I've seen these bags for sale from various places- Craftsy, Herschnerr's (I'm sure I spelled that wrong! I always do!) but I'm always nervous about putting out the money, even though I love a good surprise! That's why I love the swaps so much...

Anyway, has anyone ever purchased one (or more) of these? Are they worth the money? I know they always say they're valued at much higher, but it could all be Fun Fur and then I'll be mad because I know the sticker price is much higher than what I would pay for a skein of it (like a nickel. Can't stand the stuff!! Lol)

I'm just always so curious, but I wanted to know others' thoughts first! :think

I seen it in Hershners and was curious too! If you order, please let me know.

I have never ordered them myself, but I know I've read discussion about this in the past. What I remember is that quality was fine. You have no choice of what is put in each selection, but many who ordered a number of bags, or pounds, said all the bags they received had the same selection in them. Some women liked this, such as at Christmas time, and some wished they had received a larger selection. If you like a wider selection, it might be worth buying some at different times of the year when the packs might contain different over runs or end runs.

I don't know...my feeling is, if I want a yarn surprise, all I need to do is open one of the plastic bins under my bed. :lol:lol:lol

Me too, except mine are in closets and in the basement. I keep waiting that someday a jack in the box will pop out too, waving a skein of yarn.

LI Roe

Archived