Sea Mist Earrings

Alaina

Bling or No Bling?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Bling or No Bling?

• Yes, add a sparkly crystal dangle!
    • No, they're fine just as they are, leave them alone!

Sea Mist Earrings from the Summer 2012 issue of Crochet! magazine.

I feel like I need something dangly/sparkly in the middle.

The original pattern used cowrie shells, and I didn't like that.

What do you think, should I add a crystal dangle to the middle or just leave them be?

post-16856-135897766874_thumb.jpg

post-16856-135897766876_thumb.jpg

oooh those are so pretty!!! :c9 I definitely can see how the right crystal would add that "je ne sais quoi" that would make it perfect! :U

can you try a crystal just to see (maybe tie it in place with some thread, and if you like it, then wire it in, or however you want to attach it for more permanence (did that make sense?) ? no shell, I agree there.

PS, I voted yes for the crystal...cuz I wanna see it with one, but it totally depends on the crystal, too

Looking at the original pattern I can see how crystals would look great. Maybe a circle or cluster of seed beads would look good as well.

Interesting ideas Flia!

Momcrochets ~ I have some Swarovski 6010 pendants (the tear drop shape) at home, but they were too small. I will purchase some larger crystal drops and play around with it.

RoseRed ~ Blocking, eh? Ok. Someone else mentioned to me starching them, but I don't know if the Berroco Seduce has enough cotton in it to make that effective.

Thanks Jolena & Monique!

Those are very pretty. They were on my list of things to make, then I kinda forgot. I would like them with beads (or shells, cuz I do like shells). Where did you find the earring hoop findings?

Kay,

I purchased them through Fire Mountain Gems. I got the pack of 100, but you can get them as small as packs of 10.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived