Pets mats for the shelter.......

katyallen815

all sizes, these used up some of my odds and ends of yarn, and will benefit some kitty or doggie in the shelter, so that makes me doubly happy. I must admit, Moomooo spurred me on, I started off thinking Ill make one, but ended up 6 insted this time. They are donated and probably comforting some little lost pet by now!!

here are a few up close pics, and one showing all six folded up and ready to go!

post-40621-135897766327_thumb.jpg

post-40621-135897766332_thumb.jpg

post-40621-135897766336_thumb.jpg

post-40621-135897766339_thumb.jpg

hi rscowtown, fancy meeting you here, lol I didn't really use a pattern persay, and each one is a different variety of stitches, cause i didn't wanna get bored, lol I think the round one was the most fun, the other ones, were just chain however long or wide you want it to be, two strands, and go from there, I used double, half double, sc, ext. sc, cross stitch and a conglomeration of some of all, and they all turned out tight and close, no holes for little paws and claws to go through.....

Hi Katie:

I'm so happy to see and hear that was your inspiration to make not one burt 6 woooohooo..

I bet there are some doggie and or kitty snuggled up on them right now...

Please do continue.. Its for a worthy cause..

I got to say they all look lovely...

What did they say at the shelter you took them too?

Hugs

Lillibet

Hi moomoo,

thanks, and they were grateful to get them, as it has been a while since I have donated to them, she (the gal in charge) loves mine, and takes them home to wash them, as she doesn't want to wash them there, too harsh for such pretties, she says! I told her i would try to get back to doing some every now and then and she was happy to hear that! Thanks for the inspiration.

• 1 month later...

I like your mats. I am making making mats for a kennel as well. How did you make yours? I really like your pattern and would love to get it from you. Thanks!

Thanks all, everytime I accquire some stray balls, or skeins, I put them to good use, I don't really follow a pattern, just start crocheting, and let my fingers be the guide. I do vary stitches, and sizes, and even yarns, just no wool. Glad to see so many are doing this with me, makes me wanna do more now!! It's been a couple months so about time, huh, lol

Dear Katie:

I have started a group over at Facebook just for posting photos of our furbabies and crocheting...

We will share pattern links wether bought or free and recipes for our pets and so much more...

Come on over and Join...

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfurbabiesandcrocheting/

All pet lovers and owners can feel free to join my group...

Hope to see you there sweetie

hugs

Lillibet

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived