Question

13 answers to this question

It looks like so many bear patterns, can you give a size so we know how big it is?

Here's the link for Madison from the original designer: http://www.gourmetcrochet.com/index_files/Page5354.htm

I think it's a pattern from Stormy that she offered free on here. Might want to do a search for it here or google her blog.

There isn't an exact pattern for this bear.

http://ccat.wordpress.com/2006/12/14/xmas-party-countdown/

Yes, there is an exact pattern for this bear! :D It's called "Old Fashioned Teddy Bear" and can be found on crchetpatterncentral!!

My Crochet Class has made 5 of them, and they are easy-peasy and adorable!!:D

Yes, there is an exact pattern for this bear! :D It's called "Old Fashioned Teddy Bear" and can be found on crchetpatterncentral!!

My Crochet Class has made 5 of them, and they are easy-peasy and adorable!!:D

Can you post the direct link to the pattern. I searched CPC and couldn't find it.

EDIT: I just found the bear on CPC. Evidently you have to hyphenate Old-Fashioned. Here's the link: http://www.crochet-world.com/newsletters.php?mode=article&article_id=2012&key=CWNL But that's still not it. The colorful bear is much smaller, plus if you read the blog post that Empress Busy Bee linked to, the maker describes her inspiration behind making it without an exact pattern.

Edited by CrochetAmore

Yes, there is an exact pattern for this bear! It's called "Old Fashioned Teddy Bear" and can be found on crchetpatterncentral!!

My Crochet Class has made 5 of them, and they are easy-peasy and adorable!!

While most teddy bears/patterns looking extremly alike, including the one you mention, it is not exactly the pattern used for the this bear. I found the exact bear and the maker says she adapted parts of it.

In fact, I adapt parts of a pattern, mainly the head and legs, in Teddy Bears and Friends (Feb 2004) by Berta Hesen-Minten from ThReAdTeDs.

So any number of patterns, including the one you mention, will most likely turn out a close enough looking bear.

:)

Can you post the direct link to the pattern. I searched CPC and couldn't find it.

EDIT: I just found the bear on CPC. Evidently you have to hyphenate Old-Fashioned. Here's the link: http://www.crochet-world.com/newsletters.php?mode=article&article_id=2012&key=CWNL But that's still not it. The colorful bear is much smaller, plus if you read the blog post that Empress Busy Bee linked to, the maker describes her inspiration behind making it without an exact pattern.

April, I talked to BlueJay, and she told me her bear has jointed arms and legs just like the Old-Fashioned Teddy Bear pattern on Crochet Pattern Central. I think that's the one she's after. It really is an easy pattern for beginners, and sells very well at Crafts Shows! I think you could make it smaller by using a smaller hook, but the 18" is just about right!

Edited by Avon Lady
Added comment

Thanks everyone with your help on finding the teddy. Empress Busy Bee was able to find the site that I had originally seen it on so a big thank you to you :) and to Avon Lady for your help also in sending me a link :)