Gather Ye Rosebuds... a floral CAL

darski

Here are my most recent finished flowery projects.

The pink and white flowers are actually refrigerator magnets.

The dishcloth bouquet is one I made a few months ago when I first moved into my new apartment. I had a set of 5 ceramic mixing bowls but only the smallest one survived the move. I never really used that bowl anyway so this is what I did with it. :)

The other three are all from the same pattern with different variations. The fuchsia one is not blocked yet. I want to frog those leaves and maybe do something a little more understated like the ones on the purple flower, or just leave them off altogether.

I love this stuff... you can never have too many crocheted flowers at work for you :manyheart

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really like the ones with the battery powered candles. H is on oxygen 24/7, so those are the only candles I can use. Is that your own design or a pattern I could purchase?

Only rain so far today, so I figured I'd try to get the pics of my progress in now.

All centers done, backgrounds done on 20 of the motifs.

Also my finished log cabin (using up variegated scraps) and unfinished shell ghans thrown in, :lol.

The shell one will be a fade, with richer colors on top and bottom edges, that's why it looks like that.:hook

I like that motif... very pretty and it could be done with continuous join I'm thinkin.

Your varies are very pretty together. I like that look of strong and soft working together.

Thanks Carol, I like using the battery operated candles, especially since it's so close to the yarn. It just seems safer. The pattern is a free Ravelry download. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tealight-rose She also has a Lotus Flower that is similar but with pointed petals.

I love this stuff... you can never have too many crocheted flowers at work for you :manyheart

Thank you! And I completely agree with you about the flowers. I can't afford to buy fresh ones all the time, and the big plus is that the crocheted ones never die! :flower

Thanks Carol, I like using the battery operated candles, especially since it's so close to the yarn. It just seems safer. The pattern is a free Ravelry download. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tealight-rose She also has a Lotus Flower that is similar but with pointed petals.

Thank You for the link. Will be adding this to my project list. 2 of them are ones you posted here, :lol. You are helping me keep busy.....:hug

I like that motif... very pretty and it could be done with continuous join I'm thinkin.

Your varies are very pretty together. I like that look of strong and soft working together.

Thanks, it was hard to find a pattern that would work for the variegated, so the log cabin was the only thing I could think of besides a tote/bag, which I have too many of already, :lol.

Progress is slower than usual. Have had alot of minor interuptions, but have managed to complete and join 23 squares so far. Think I am getting a little bored with the stitches, but don't want to start another project, so I keep plodding on....:lol.

That is very pretty. I would like to try that motif some time soon. I had the hardest time getting my Daisyghan put together but I finally got it done.

My *new* comp is dead again so I don't have the pic to post from here. I'll check my flash drive includes the final pic and get back to y'all

Oh Dar, they are so pretty. For some reason that blue & pink combo reminds me of the 60/70's, It seems everything was pink back then. Maybe that is why it appeals to me so much..... A hard pattern but you made it look so great!!!!

Thank you both. I do think the 'power' daisy with denim does take us back to other times.

I'm telling myself that I can make 2 squares a day of the black and white ones to get that done within a bit of time.

It's time to get back to my snowflowers ghan for this month's charity blast. Hope to have pics of that finished by next Tuesday. However, :eek I am tempted to try a ghan with light and deep coral yarn I have. :think

Only 7 more squares to go. The last two I joined really gave me a hard time, or maybe it is just my old eyes, but I had to frog them out several times to get them to go where they belong!!! Figured it was time to walk away for awhile, :lol.

Hope to do the last 7 and then a border (which I hadn't worked out yet). Since I changed the way the squares were edged and joined, I can't just jump into the patterned border. Hopefully I will get to work that out tomorrow....

Only 7 more squares to go. The last two I joined really gave me a hard time, or maybe it is just my old eyes, but I had to frog them out several times to get them to go where they belong!!! Figured it was time to walk away for awhile, :lol.

Hope to do the last 7 and then a border (which I hadn't worked out yet). Since I changed the way the squares were edged and joined, I can't just jump into the patterned border. Hopefully I will get to work that out tomorrow....

I often find that the closer I get to the end the harder it is to get it done. :rofl The last few seem to take forever or argue all the way.

Finally finished. Decided to keep the border simple and just used the ch and sc that was used on each square for joining, and put it around the whole ghan. Still needs to be washed/blocked,

Pic will be posted as soon as I get the umph to play with camera, :lol.

As for the triangle one I planned on doing next, It seems I am low on yarn to use for a MC, so it is on the back burner for now. Also have had some requests from NY for a few of my trash bag holders for my d's church, so I will be busy with them for a day or two.

Although I may try to slip in one of those candle holders that were posted here, as the bags are so simple and tend to make me bored.....

Hope to see some more of all the projects you guys are doing...

Wow, that is very pretty....I love the blues...

Haven't been feeling well, so not much going on with me, made 3 of the trash bag holders and that is it...

Hoping meds will fix me up soon...

Feeling better....and yes hats with flowers are always a good thing....

Finished and packed up 10 trash bag holders, have a little sewing to do on 2 baby sets for charity, and then I think I will try that candle holder that was posted on here. Got some lovely white and silver cotton in my last swap, and I think it will make a lovely flower...

Oh, and a pic of the throw I finished and forgot about posting a pic of it, :blush:lol

The centers are diagonal rows of 3 colors, pine green, burgundy and shaded blue. But the burgundy and blue do not show up well in the pics.

post-14620-135897776081_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897776084_thumb.jpg

Feeling better....and yes hats with flowers are always a good thing....

Finished and packed up 10 trash bag holders, have a little sewing to do on 2 baby sets for charity, and then I think I will try that candle holder that was posted on here. Got some lovely white and silver cotton in my last swap, and I think it will make a lovely flower...

Oh, and a pic of the throw I finished and forgot about posting a pic of it, :blush:lol

The centers are diagonal rows of 3 colors, pine green, burgundy and shaded blue. But the burgundy and blue do not show up well in the pics.

Happy - I really like the look of that ghan and your work is lovely.

I've been planning to buy some white/silver yarn myself for a project I have in mind... I still say we are all really just 9 yr old girls at :heart ; if it glitters or glimmers we want it! :manyheart

Happy - I really like the look of that ghan and your work is lovely.

I've been planning to buy some white/silver yarn myself for a project I have in mind... I still say we are all really just 9 yr old girls at :heart ; if it glitters or glimmers we want it! :manyheart

Thank you. Never finished the sewing, or started the candle holder. Busy prepping to have living/dining room painted. Shopping, packing wall pics and knick knacks, need to move furniture, wash walls, patch holes from pics, etc....

Will take more time doing that than the actual painting, :lol.

Yes I love a little glitter in my adult wearables and some decor items. When lights are low, (or off and just night lights on) it makes everything look so pretty, like a night sky with diamond stars....:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived