Gather Ye Rosebuds... a floral CAL

darski

Here it is, I adapted the pattern from " my picot" changing rows 4 thru 6 to lay the flowers flat and reduce the size of the spaces around the flower. I also added the picot edging around 4 of the joined squares. You can see what I meant about the tea dye bleeding into the surrounding areas. I call it T 4 2. (:lol, a play on words). Hmmmm, just realized I need to reset the date on my camera, Guess the date needs to be reset when batteries die??:think.

Beautiful. I love that look but I can never get it using WW yarns. :sigh

Sorry I didn't get here sooner - I didn't get a notice of the post :(

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still working on the "Snowflowers" block and it is challenging :eek

It is not quite what I thought it would be but I rather like it so far. I'm doing Join as you go...

post-4896-135897769973_thumb.jpg

I've been writing the pattern (have written) but I'm going to need someone to test the directions. I'm hoping the pics will make it doable.

Dar I just love that square, and if you want I would test it for you. Just drop me a line when you are ready, it really is impressive....

Well, I started on a baby afghan from Leisure Arts Book called "Baby Wraps". It is flowery looking, called Pink Perfection, join as you go and done in strips that are joined again. I am doing it in TLC dream. I only had 1 1/2 skeins so I am making it smaller than the pattern states. A good size for strollers or car seats.

Here are pics I took last week (:lol still forgot to change the date), when I only had 1/2 of a strip done. Now I am on strip 4.

The center is a circle of cluster type stitches, that are a definite flower shape, but once it goes into a square with more clusters, it sort of gets lost. Looks better in the solid pink, but I do like the variegated also.

post-14620-135897769984_thumb.jpg

Well, it is back to square one for me, I turns out that I did not have 1 and a half skeins, when I started the second skein, I discovered it was heavier (more ply) and the colors were faded and missing the yellow. I got them at garage sale and thought they were both TLC dream (as the label on the 1/2 skein said). It wasn't meant to be, so I spent last evening frogging them. Back to square one (pun intended) :lol.

Well, it is back to square one for me, I turns out that I did not have 1 and a half skeins, when I started the second skein, I discovered it was heavier (more ply) and the colors were faded and missing the yellow. I got them at garage sale and thought they were both TLC dream (as the label on the 1/2 skein said). It wasn't meant to be, so I spent last evening frogging them. Back to square one (pun intended) :lol.

Aw shucks... That has to hurt. :( I'm in a similar fix with a square that I started - I can only get 22 squares with the yarn I have... so I'm going to make a shawl instead of a ghan :eek

I have some pinky rose that will work with the deep rose I used. I don't know what I thought I cold do with those skeins. :oops

I'm going to be part of Krochet Krystal's Olympic event so I will be making Petal ghans for the next couple of weeks.

It's been a while so I need to find colours to use. :think

I've been wanting to make this for awhile. I don't have the pattern but am doing it by looking at it. I have other things going too so will be done in between them I think. Have one circle done and I had another but found I had 13 petals so I will have to do over that one. Will count rounds sooner from now on.LOL

floral shawl

I've been wanting to make this for awhile. I don't have the pattern but am doing it by looking at it. I have other things going too so will be done in between them I think. Have one circle done and I had another but found I had 13 petals so I will have to do over that one. Will count rounds sooner from now on.LOL

floral shawl

That will be so very pretty when done. I rather like the multi-colour version but either way could work.:crocheting

I have been thinking and thinking about colours for my petal ghans (aka the daisy square). My plan is to do pink-ish flowers on a denim-like background for the first one... we'll see if it works or not

I am still working on the "Snowflowers" block and it is challenging :eek

It is not quite what I thought it would be but I rather like it so far. I'm doing Join as you go...

[ATTACH]57258[/ATTACH]

I've been writing the pattern (have written) but I'm going to need someone to test the directions. I'm hoping the pics will make it doable.

I love this!! Very pretty!

I have 3 squares made and connected for my journey for the Games. This is Krochet Krystal's daisy charity square. It is fussy and I'm not sure I can hit my goal of 2 completed lapghans (2X24 sqs.)

post-4896-135897770509_thumb.jpg

This is Bernat pretty pink with 2 denim colours

the link is to a Y group where you can get the pattern.

I am SO loving that! If I wasn't already done with my nieces for christmas, I'd make some scarves just like that!! Good luck w/ the Olympics! I'm doing them too!

I seem to have hit a bit of a snag. This daisy square is very demanding so it is not going quickly. I'll do as much as i can... :(

Wish I had picked a simpler square.

Been busy finishing up two ghans for my winter charities, one baby in a shell pattern and one log cabin style. Hope to start on a new floral project this evening, now that my last swap is completed.

I am still struggling with the daisies. :( I just can't seem to get this moving. I did a quick test drive of my black on white/white on black daisies... but the pattern is just so demanding and unforgiving.

The Pink on denim is very pretty but :whew

I am still struggling with the daisies. :( I just can't seem to get this moving. I did a quick test drive of my black on white/white on black daisies... but the pattern is just so demanding and unforgiving.

The Pink on denim is very pretty but :whew

I have the pattern, I had planned on making a ghan of them for grand daughter (her name is daisy). I never did...after doing a few of them I too realized it would take too long. Not a project to be done quickly as beautiful as it is. Perhaps if you alternated the Daisy squares with solid lacey squares it would work up faster for you??? :think

I have the pattern, I had planned on making a ghan of them for grand daughter (her name is daisy). I never did...after doing a few of them I too realized it would take too long. Not a project to be done quickly as beautiful as it is. Perhaps if you alternated the Daisy squares with solid lacey squares it would work up faster for you??? :think

Well at this point I have only one more square to make (Yikes, I could make 3 full lapghans of any other pattern in 17 days :eek ) and I have some together already. it would take too much time to redo all the effort so far. Good thinking though :wlol

I just wanted to try the daisy in black and white w/ reversal... had to try

[ATTACH]57595[/ATTACH]

OOOOO!!!! Now I think the black one with white background is stunning..

I just wanted to try the daisy in black and white w/ reversal... had to try

Ooh, I like that! I always like to do "opposites" like that when I'm making lapghans.

In other news... I figured I'd check in since being gone for a few weeks. I didn't actually go anywhere (except out of my mind ;)) but now that the summer is starting to wind down things are going to be getting back to normal soon. And that will be a good thing! More time for crocheting and blogging and chatting, etc. :hook

I still haven't finished my Attic24 flowers. First I couldn't find my fabric stiffener, then I couldn't find the beads... ugg. But I think I finally have everything rounded up and will be finishing those up this weekend. I've also made a few other small flowery things, but will have to wait until tomorrow to show those. It's late here and I should have been in bed long ago...

Well, I started a ghan called "magnolia" (not the one that was linked to in this thread) it's a free pattern from Coats & Clark. I changed the colors and I will probably play with a way to join the squares as I go rather than sewing them. I've made 3 test squares using the colors I want and did 28 centers so far. It has 49 squares for the whole ghan. Also using wool and acrylic blend instead of the cotton blend the pattern calls for. I want it to be warmer. Was gonna do pics, but a storm moved in and they are calling for more tonight and tomorrow, so pics will need to wait til Saturday. Hope to have all my centers done and working on the background and joining by then.

When done with this one, I found a ghan in the Heirloom Afghans book that I want to try next. It has triangle shaped motifs, so it will be different. It doesn't have a floral name, but it sure looks floral....:wink.

The log cabin ghan is done (that I mentioned in an earlier post) but the shell one isn't. I am shelled out, and have to put it aside for awhile. I think that yarn is jinxed, :lol, this is the 3rd project I started with it and wound up frogging the first two....:eek

Here are my most recent finished flowery projects.

The pink and white flowers are actually refrigerator magnets.

The dishcloth bouquet is one I made a few months ago when I first moved into my new apartment. I had a set of 5 ceramic mixing bowls but only the smallest one survived the move. I never really used that bowl anyway so this is what I did with it. :)

The other three are all from the same pattern with different variations. The fuchsia one is not blocked yet. I want to frog those leaves and maybe do something a little more understated like the ones on the purple flower, or just leave them off altogether.

post-19997-135897772438_thumb.jpg

post-19997-135897772441_thumb.jpg

post-19997-135897772444_thumb.jpg

post-19997-135897772447_thumb.jpg

post-19997-135897772449_thumb.jpg

I really like the ones with the battery powered candles. H is on oxygen 24/7, so those are the only candles I can use. Is that your own design or a pattern I could purchase?

Only rain so far today, so I figured I'd try to get the pics of my progress in now.

All centers done, backgrounds done on 20 of the motifs.

Also my finished log cabin (using up variegated scraps) and unfinished shell ghans thrown in, :lol.

The shell one will be a fade, with richer colors on top and bottom edges, that's why it looks like that.:hook

post-14620-13589777246_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897772463_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897772467_thumb.jpg

Archived