Wedding Sampler - Cross Stitched

luckybmr

My best friends son is getting married tomorrow. This is my gift to the happy couple. Since the day Adam was born I have been his "Auntie" Briana. I always signed his birthday cards with "Auntie" in quotes. When he was about 10 he said "Auntie Briana, you don't need to use the quote marks anymore." At some point he asked if I was his mom's sister like his other aunt and his mom explained to him that sometimes mommy and daddys friends are known as aunties even thou they are not. (I think I better make sure I have kleenix tomorrow as I am tearing up just typing this.) He has turned into a fine young man and will make a wonderful husband and hopefully some day father. His bride is the sweetest girl and my friends are very happy to have her become part of the family. The wedding will be outdoors at the edge of a lake (thank you mother nature for lowering the temps from 95 to 80 and no rain scheduled for tomorrow). After the ceremony there will be appetizers on the patio while pictures are taken and then the reception inside. A year of planning is finally here and I know everyone will be having a great time tomorrow and so glad the stress is almost over with.

Pics - before framing and after.

post-5752-135897765558_thumb.jpg

post-5752-135897765563_thumb.jpg

post-5752-135897765577_thumb.jpg

Very well done. Back in the day before pre printed embroidery, samplers were the only way young ladies learned to do the various stitches. Practice and memory, plus the samplers were like an encyclopedia of stitches they could refer to....

Crochet was similar, practice, practice and more practice. :wink.

Beautiful..I'm tearing up myself..With your name and the sampler ugh..My Briana is getting married in August..Congrats to the happy couple and Auntie..

• 2 weeks later...

oh beautiful.. I have also make us like yours for the wedding day.. I will put it here in a post some day in the weekend ..

Thank you everyone. The wedding went off beautifully - no major glitches. They opened their gifts last week one night with the families around them and they just loved the sampler. Yesterday they left on their honeymoon and were so excited to finally be going.

Archived