Mini-Scrapbook (Craft Project w/ the Kids) :)

Mom w/a Motif

... Made out of empty toilet paper rolls. Who knew, with the way kids go through toilet paper, that it would take so long to save up enough to make this?.. :think We finished up my 9 year olds' yesterday. I think he is more excited than he is letting on. (He has to impress his 15 year old brother, you know..) His cover is supposed to be "Video Games". (Since that is all they want to do, play their game..) :blush And, why I am trying to get him to something else (like this scrapbook..) :P Anyway, here is the page where I saw how to make this: Mini-Scrapbooks out of empty toilet paper rolls. I thought it would be a fun summer project to do with your kids. And inexpensive, if you don't have to go buy the sticker to decorate it with and more paper, etc.. (I used graph paper for one of the "pages", and plain colored paper for another one- if the kids are going to be decorating it, the paper shouldn't be a huge deal. :)) We put some stamps on one of the tags, more stickers on another, a Circus ticket in one of the pages (I love how the tube makes a slot you can put stuff in).. :) I printed out some free play "tickets" too (not pictured). How fun is that? :D I am making two more, for two kids I sponsor. (Hopefully it doesn't take me all summer to save up enough tp rolls, lol..) If you make any, I would love to see them. (You could post them here or leave me a message on my blog.) :) Okay I'll be quiet now. :P

post-20-135897765125_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897765129_thumb.jpg

How creative!!!! I used to crochet covers for them to look like candles during the holidays, but this is a great all year round idea....Thank you for the link :)

Archived