Peaches and Creme self-striping?

Gigix3

I have made tons of dishcoths and pot holders from P&C and now am working on a dish towel using the "high five pattern" from Crochet Central. I was amazed when i started noticing that a vertical stripe was forming. when it starts to wander a bit, I add or skip a stitch here and there, but it is soooo cool. :clap Sorry I don't have a picture . Gosh I need to learn how to do that. If I can figure it out I will put up a picture. (I am at work now with no camera and yes I crochet at work, lol)

Is this supposed to happen? It never did on the other stuff I made from varigated P&C.:think

having made a "few" SBT with variegated yarn, yes a pattern will often begin to make vertical lines. Usually not regular as you have noticed, but sometimes zig zag, sometimes all one direction. There is ombre variegated with short segments of color, or striping with longer. That could be the difference between this and your other projects.

Heres a bunch so you can see how it can vary! http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FrLopLady/stash-buster-tote

Archived