to buy pattern or not??

craftylady1956

I am a member of Raverly and have been eyeing the LacyKaty shawl...I haven't bought the pattern as of yet but seriously thinking of it. I do not read charts and so that's the reason for not buying it yet--I have read alot about the pattern and from what I have read--there is not clear written directions..so IDK to buy or not..:think. I know how to knit a little (not alot of experience) but prefer crochet...............

If you do not buy it, and it disappears and is no longer available, how much will you regret it?

There is a learning curve to knit charts, but a book by JC Briar, Charts made Simple or something like that, is a huge help.

Do the pattern comments say the charts are reliable? If so, i would buy it, cause if the designer takes it down.....

Oh another question, do you actually wear shawls or have someone who does to give it to?

I learned the hard way to purchase a pattern I love when I see it instead of waiting till it's no longer available.

Just because you don't read charts today doesn't mean that you won't learn next month or next year. Who knows - this could be the pattern that spurs you on to learning to read them.

I would buy it.

I agree. This might be the project that takes you to the next level. I know that I've bought patterns I was not ready for, and worked at them until I learned how to do them (this is how I learned cable stitching, by a celtic knot baby pattern)

Yes, when a pattern is gone, its GONE! The body of the shawl looks like a simple stitch, it's the edging that may be complicated. You could go to some vintage sites and find knitted edgings and practice on them. I don't think it will be too hard once you get into the pattern. You might even make your own shawl from the "put togethers." Good luck it is a beautiful pattern.

OK--well I am working on a order now for a clown.....after that is complete I probably will buy the pattern for the shawl..I t is just so pretty to pass up!!! I just needed some sense knocked into me I guess..:eek .Thanks :hug

Archived