Finished for my sister

justvicki

This pattern is just rows of fpdc/bpdc and shell stiches. I finished it off with a border of picot stitches. It worked up really quickly and I liked the texture of it. I used RHSS and the dark brown was so stiff that I felt like I was crocheting with rope!! :) But, after it was laundered it softened up beautifully. I like RHSS; use it almost exclusively. I know some of the colors can be scratchy to work with, but when its washed it always softens and you just can't beat its durability.

Thanks for looking!

post-12188-135897764365_thumb.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooooooooh pretty, pretty, pretty.

Think I'll put my bid in to be your sister too if sis #1 doesn't claim it. heeheehee

Ooooooooh pretty, pretty, pretty.

Think I'll put my bid in to be your sister too if sis #1 doesn't claim it. heeheehee

I'll start a list! LOL

It's beautiful! Is it a free pattern one can get online?

Actually its something I came up with one night when I sat down with my trusty H hook and some RHSS yarn. But, its really simple. I chained a foundation row the width that I wanted the afghan (I think it was 180). Then I did a row of fpdc/bpdc. The next three rows were shell stitches using three double crochets to make the shell and skipping two stitches between shells. Then I did another row of fpdc/bpdc before changing colors and repeating the same stitches again. I simply changed colors and made the afghan as long as I wanted. Since I started and ended with a row of fpdc/bpdc I had a complete border at the top and bottom. So I did a row of fpdc/bpdc on the unfinished sides and finished up with a picot stitch around all fours sides of the afghan. It works up fairly quickly and I like the texture of it. I am pleased with the way it turned out.

wow this is an amazing ghan! So classy looking, and the picots certainly are the icing on the cake! Love the colors you chose, and I use a lot of RHeart too, and find nothing holds up through washing after washing, like Red Heart.....NICE JOB!

wow this is an amazing ghan! So classy looking, and the picots certainly are the icing on the cake! Love the colors you chose, and I use a lot of RHeart too, and find nothing holds up through washing after washing, like Red Heart.....NICE JOB!

Thank you very much. RHSS is my go to yarn! Guess this is my first "pattern". LOL

Very pretty! Love the colors, the stitches, and the border! Thanks for explaining how you made it...I'm going to have to try this one!

Thank you and you're welcome.

This is gorgeous!!

I really haven't given RHSS a fair shot. I will put that on my list, to pick up a skein. Crochet some swatches and give them a good wash.

Thank you for your kind words. If the dark brown RHSS that I used in this afghan softened up, then I know any color will. You really can't beat their color choices and durability. I did (and always do) use fabric softener in the washer and also a dryer sheet.

Thank you for your kind words. If the dark brown RHSS that I used in this afghan softened up, then I know any color will. You really can't beat their color choices and durability. I did (and always do) use fabric softener in the washer and also a dryer sheet.

Not to hijack your thread - but do you have problems with the darker colors bleeding in the wash? Thanks!

Not to hijack your thread - but do you have problems with the darker colors bleeding in the wash? Thanks!

I started crocheting about 30 years ago, and started using RH yarn then. I have never had a problem with any of their yarn (or any acrylic yarn) bleeding. The only experience I have had with fading or bleeding is with some of the darker colors of cotton yarns.

Archived