Crown of Pineapples Doily...stitch help

Question

http://www.allfreecrochet.com/Doilies/Crown-of-Pineapples-Doily/ml/1#OGmpsoedOv20hwQI.32

I am trying to figure out what is meant by 4 or 5 joined tr that is mentioned in this pattern in rows 2 and 3... also having trouble with row 4. I read down to the comments on the page before the actual pattern on this site, but only one person had worked up the motif and I'm still a bit confused by what she wrote.

I am a very advanced crocheter, but this has stumped me a bit...

Katchekan, if you're out there, can you help me? Or Amy or someone, pretty please...

9 answers to this question

Yikes! Looks like they left out the part where they explained the stitch! And a bigger pic would be a help.

Did you try a cluster for the joined tr? Thats all i can think would make sense, as it is four joined tr over four previous tr.

Yeah, I figured out that the one commenter was saying this was like a cluster stitch and that makes sense...but the next round (4) is really driving me crazy...I think they made a mistake as there is no "next dc" and so I figure they might mean "next sc" but even then, it's just not making sense...I'm doing the best I can...I really want to master this motif, 'cause it's really interesting...thanks for your help...

Okay, I think I figured out round 4. The row needs to be rewritten for clarity...which I'll do later...I'm glad I figured it out...if anyone decides to do this pattern, let me know and I can help you if you need it...

Thanks again.

Okay, I think I figured out round 4. The row needs to be rewritten for clarity...which I'll do later...I'm glad I figured it out...if anyone decides to do this pattern, let me know and I can help you if you need it...

Thanks again.

Sounds like you have it figured out. I would have said it was a cluster that they were looking for. Good luck with this.
Sounds like you have it figured out. I would have said it was a cluster that they were looking for. Good luck with this.

Thanks Kathy!!!!! I promise I'll share pics here and on Facebook when I'm done...

So almost a year later and the doily is still not quite done.  It is a big doily.  I'm working on the pineapples that ring the edge now.  I had two emails regarding the infamous row 4 and since it had been so long since I had made up the motif, I had to make another motif to figure out what the problem was.  Now I have taken pics and I cannot figure out how to upload pics here now.  So if any one can help me with uploading pics, that would be great and I can post pics of how to work Row 4 along with, hopefully slightly clearer verabe.  Once you get the concept, the row, as written is fairly clear.  But if you have no idea what the designer was trying to go for, yeah, it's a bit of a pain.  In the pattern on Row 2, the 4 join and 5 join are really cluster stitches...make a note...

post-2629-0-25839200-1378771139_thumb.jpg

Okay, I hope these are in the right order...here goes, for Row 4:So you slip stitch in each of next 6 chains of the ch 11 loop.  (what it originally said was, "Sl st in 6th ch...") Now for the tricky part: ch 2, the wrap thread around your hook 3 times

post-2629-0-94288700-1378771125_thumb.jpg

and in the 3rd ch of the same 11 ch loop you will crochet 1 loop (or simple act like you're doing a sc but leaving the other loops on your hook.  Then yarn over and insert your hook into the 3rd ch OF THE NEXT 11TH CH LOOP.

post-2629-0-54834800-1378771110_thumb.jpg

yarn over and crochet like you're doing like a double treble stitch...working off all the loops.  Hopefully my picture will show that now you have 2 small rows of 2 spaces each for a total of 4 spaces all together.  Is that clear as mud now?  LOL...

post-2629-0-30497800-1378771083_thumb.jpg

Now that you're at the end of the first 11 ch space, ch 2 and rinse and repeat around.  I hope this helps.  If it doesn't, I'm really sorry.

post-2629-0-40523800-1378771099_thumb.jpg

Edited by eurolyons
  • Like 1

THANK YOU! Those photos are absolutely perfect! So large and clear, that no text - erroneous or not - is necessary! Is it alright for me to add them to the topic on Knitting Paradise about this pattern? http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-198464-1.html

Thank you for all your trouble! :clap