Amy

Help Crochetville Win a $250,000 Grant!

If you're not already a fan of our Facebook page, and you have a Facebook account, please go like our page. We're up to 6,149 fans, and we're trying to get to 10,000. Why? Just because! :hook

We share all sorts of interesting things on that page that we find on our friends' Facebook pages. You might learn about new products, yarns, contests, who knows?

Done!!! Hey I even got it done without tech support, :lol.

6,150 was the count....

Edited by HappyOldCro

Thanks again, everyone! We're up to 95 votes now. Just 155 to go!

The thought of $250,000 is very overwhelming and more than just a little bit scary! It would open up so many possibilities!

Somebody's got to have some ideas for us on how we could best spend that money to benefit all of you. What's missing from your crochet world that we might be able to provide for you?

Amy,

One idea I have is to publish a pattern book maybe from designers on Crochetville. Do one of afghans or maybe accessories/clothing?

Just a thought.

Wouldn't it be fun to think of how to spend the money if you win?

JILLfromWI

Amy,

One idea I have is to publish a pattern book maybe from designers on Crochetville. Do one of afghans or maybe accessories/clothing?

Just a thought.

Wouldn't it be fun to think of how to spend the money if you win?

JILLfromWI

Actually, this is one idea we've had. That grant would allow us to pay designers an equitable fee for their contributions, pay tech editors, and all that sort of stuff.

Donna and I had all sorts of fun thinking of ways we'd spend the money, because that was one of the essay questions we had to answer.

But we don't want to do just what we think would be good for the Crochetville community. We want to give you things you actually WANT!

So please keep daydreaming and brainstorming and sharing your ideas with us. Small ideas, big ideas, and everything in between. We want this site to become everything you could possibly wish for in a crochet website. So let us know what you need and want! :hook

Just wanted to put in a comment. I did not notice this announcement on the main page of the forum. I saw a banner announcement when I was looking in the bags/totes section of the show and tell board. I've noticed that I am not seeing this banner pop up every time.

Is there some way that you could post the announcement in a more visible way here are Crochetville. I'm sure there are more that would probably vote, but they may not be seeing your announcement.... just a thought.

Just wanted to put in a comment. I did not notice this announcement on the main page of the forum. I saw a banner announcement when I was looking in the bags/totes section of the show and tell board. I've noticed that I am not seeing this banner pop up every time.

Is there some way that you could post the announcement in a more visible way here are Crochetville. I'm sure there are more that would probably vote, but they may not be seeing your announcement.... just a thought.

About the only thing I could do to make it appear on every page is to remove the other two rotating notices (one is for people going to Chain Link; the other is for people who might want us to review their stuff).

The current forum-only format of the website doesn't give us a "splash page" where we can make sure the same thing displays for everyone when we want it to.

If people would like to keep commenting in this thread to help keep it at the top of the list of threads with new posts, that would be helpful!

I had my hubby vote for you and I posted to Facebook about it too...good luck...doing good so far.

We have until June 30 to reach 250 votes. I'm very hopeful we'll make it.

We have until June 30 to reach 250 votes. I'm very hopeful we'll make it.
I feel pretty sure you'll get the votes...

I don't have a facebook account but, I wish for the best on the grant.

-Amy an idea

Some different Items in the crochetville store various colors on clothing and designs Some coffee mugs :) Maybe selling your own line of yarn! Another thing it might be a little tricky IDK but I have a hard time hearing about craft shows until its to late, It would be awesome if we had a place to adverise craft shows in local area's then again that might be tricky.

Edited by AshyN

Amy,

I had an idea, probably be too complicated to do though. Some kind of a designers contest, where the winning designs would be published and then a percentage of the books sales could be donated to a charity. Example- a book of baby designs could donate to a NICU , a book of pet items could donate to an animal rescue group. Maybe Crochetville could compensate the winning designers with either a cash prize or yarn or other crafty goodies.

I absolutely LOVE the idea of having a Crochetville line of yarn. I'm sure that it would be absolutely sumptuous!

Is there a way to vote for those that don't have a facebook account?

I don't have a facebook account but, I wish for the best on the grant.

-Amy an idea

Some different Items in the crochetville store various colors on clothing and designs Some coffee mugs :) Maybe selling your own line of yarn! Another thing it might be a little tricky IDK but I have a hard time hearing about craft shows until its to late, It would be awesome if we had a place to adverise craft shows in local area's then again that might be tricky.

Thanks for the ideas, Ashy! Updating the Crochetville Cafe Press store is on our list of things to do.

Having our own line of yarn would be fabulous, wouldn't it? Even if it were just having our name on a line produced by another company, like Vanna White and Lion Brand or Deborah Norville and Premier Yarns.

As far as advertising craft shows in local areas, we do have a calendar feature here already that people can add stuff to. However, it's not a very nice, pretty one. We might be able to add a different calendar feature, though. People could then add info on their local shows. There are also a couple websites out there that list that sort of information, but I can't remember what they are now. So people could go to those places, find things local to them, and enter the information on our calendar.

Amy,

I had an idea, probably be too complicated to do though. Some kind of a designers contest, where the winning designs would be published and then a percentage of the books sales could be donated to a charity. Example- a book of baby designs could donate to a NICU , a book of pet items could donate to an animal rescue group. Maybe Crochetville could compensate the winning designers with either a cash prize or yarn or other crafty goodies.

Excellent idea! All about giving back to our community! The trickiest part would be picking a charity that made everyone happy. :) We could even have 100% of the proceeds go to the charity.